tannish color steering

depends on the spokes..... some B models had them, my B613 and Doug Fetterly's both have beige colored steering wheels originally.... the B model style has all 3 spokes that are round. the R model style has one round on the top of wheel and the other two spokes lets say 4 and 8 oclock are round on bottom and flater on top. the R model style is pretty much beige where the older B model style were either beige colored or really light beige and some had a carmel color

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I am rebuilding a B-model steering wheel now, that was a gray (maybe a biege-just faded real bad?).it came out of a 1955 B-60T,that was originally a National Tea Co. truck.I was told certain companies ordereded the lighter colored wheels,so mechanics would make sure the wheel was clean before putting the truck back on the line! Gee,what a concept! Whenever I do get to my B-61LT,it will be painted white,just like my BCR steering wheel.Might say I gotta thing for white steering wheels!

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

yea, ill be paintin my 66 R600 wheel off white when i do it also. have a perfect black one from the RS600L i got the 300+ and RR out of at the junkyard but i hate black wheels. im a western wheel guy i guess lol. and im workin on redoin my B613 wheel. have it in primer, hasnt been on the truck for about 7 years. i redid the truck and put on on Doug Fetterly gave us with a truck that was green. im kinda partial to the Beige wheels in B models. just a little different, kinda like the B models that have the old style black emblem on the heater cover instead of the newer one with the bulldog or the plastic ash tray handle instead of the diecast metal one. i dont like when Mack did away with the door hinge cover plates on a B model tho, just looks unfinished and when i redo one i usually put them on anyways even tho they werent there after around 1962

yea the smaller trucks B30, B20 usually had smaller 20'' black wheels, i have a beige 20'' with the bigger splined shaft that will fit any standard B61 for sale. also have a beige and green 22'' one with the smaller shaft in the middle that came off a B42 with the smaller steering column and the other off a power steering truck. there were many variables i think. one of out B42Sx's my great grandfather replaced the original wheel that was broken bad back in the 60's and he ended up getting a beige one. no real rhyme or reason i dont think. id love to find a white R model steerin wheel for my R600

When I drove for Dick Morris back in the 70's his B61 # 1 had a beige colored steering wheel in it.

I have seen a few other B models with beige steering wheels over the years too.

I have never seen a 4 spoke steering wheel in a B model however.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"