It's about time I figured ou how to post these pictures

:SMOKIE-LFT: For as long as i've been posting on the forum you'd think I'd be able to figure out how to post pics. Well excuse me for my computer illiterance. Hereare some ofthe pics I shot of my Superliner project I took over the weekend. More pics to follow as soon as I find the card they're on.

post-814-0-02106300-1361304413_thumb.jpg

post-814-0-12538700-1361304503_thumb.jpg

post-814-0-48862100-1361304568_thumb.jpg

post-814-0-54611600-1361304637_thumb.jpg

post-814-0-67753100-1361304699_thumb.jpg

post-814-0-41766300-1361304781_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

HA,HA,HA, did anyone else notice the cutouts in the area above the "shop" door for the stacks? that is awesome, I have wondered about one of those things for me till I have money to build a real shop, now I know how to do it! I think that is great, some american ingeneuity comes to the rescue.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

HA,HA,HA, did anyone else notice the cutouts in the area above the "shop" door for the stacks? that is awesome, I have wondered about one of those things for me till I have money to build a real shop, now I know how to do it! I think that is great, some american ingeneuity comes to the rescue.

That is cool. He's from Canada it says though, so its Canadian ingeneuity. Haha, I'll have to get Papa to do that for the U when she has her big straight pipe. You gotta line it up perfectly though or your going to the parts store and getting a new pipe... Hahaha.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

are you building that one for work or play?

:SMOKIE-LFT: I've been building it up for play, but the closer I get to finishing it the more I'm getting the itch to put it to work. Been driving for someone else now for almost 6 years now, and I've still never gotten used to it. I still wish I were driving my own truck again. I guess it's just something that when it's in your blood you just can't get rid of it.

:SMOKIE-LFT: They look like cut outs for the stacks, but they're just a couple of trailer door vents to let air in to stop it from sweating in there. The building has a 12' high door so she just fits under the door. It's a Cancover building 20'by30' 16' high with 12' by 12' door. I put that up about 2 years ago to house and work on the old girl. Best $2500 I ever spent, wish I had done it years ago.

Truck looks nice, question for you the stainless pieces under headlights where did you get those, looking for them for my truck to reduce the road chips.

:SMOKIE-LFT: To be honest with you I put those on the truck at least 10 years ago and I can't remember who made them. I got them from a truck parts shop I deal with in Windsor and they were hard to find then. There is'nt a lot of aftermarket add ons you can get for an R model or a Superliner. We made a set for my Dad's truck. Just used 16 gauge mirror fnish stainless cut them out to shape and put a slight bend at the bottom. That's probably what you might have to do get some from a sheetmetal shop and have them cut and bend it, should'nt cost too much or take too long to punch out a pair. You might try Raney's truck parts in Florida. They're about the only ones I've seen that can get much stainless for Rmodels. You could also try Dieter's they might have something too.You're right about them reducing stone chips. they do work, plus they help make the look of the truck.

I'm still working on putting my R together so it will see the road.I am probably gonna buy a float or dropdeck for it and work it a bit My brother might have some dump trailer work for me.I used to drive truck for a living untill I got a day job now I guess i'm just a hobby trucker.By the way who is Bobo?

:SMOKIE-LFT: To be honest with you I put those on the truck at least 10 years ago and I can't remember who made them. I got them from a truck parts shop I deal with in Windsor and they were hard to find then. There is'nt a lot of aftermarket add ons you can get for an R model or a Superliner. We made a set for my Dad's truck. Just used 16 gauge mirror fnish stainless cut them out to shape and put a slight bend at the bottom. That's probably what you might have to do get some from a sheetmetal shop and have them cut and bend it, should'nt cost too much or take too long to punch out a pair. You might try Raney's truck parts in Florida. They're about the only ones I've seen that can get much stainless for Rmodels. You could also try Dieter's they might have something too.You're right about them reducing stone chips. they do work, plus they help make the look of the truck.

Thanks for the info,,,,They do look nice on your truck, going to probably do as you suggested have them made to fit,,,,Do that when I get frame painted in April.

I'm still working on putting my R together so it will see the road.I am probably gonna buy a float or dropdeck for it and work it a bit My brother might have some dump trailer work for me.I used to drive truck for a living untill I got a day job now I guess i'm just a hobby trucker.By the way who is Bobo?

:SMOKIE-LFT: Bobo is on the BMT forum. He's from Hamilton area, He's has a Superliner that he's rebuilding too. He has an RB I believe it is on with MCQ handling out of hamilton doing roll off work hauling scrap. I have'nt seen him on here for a while, he must be keeping busy working. Have you heard of Great Lakes Truck Club? Maybe you're already a member. I joined last summer up at their show up at Clifford. I'm hoping to have my old Superliner ready to drive up there this year. I don't have too much left to do. It's an awesome club if you're into old trucks. It's suprising that there is that much interest in old trucks around our area and it seems to be growing. The $75 yearly membership fee is worth it for the old time trucks magazine and the club newsletter you get every 2 months The newsletter I got yesterday has a huge article about the history of Bulk Carriers and stories and photos from guys that drove for them. The newsletter features a story about an old company everytime. It's great that someone is putting that much effort into preserving trucking history.

Thanks I'm already a member I was at Clifford last year as well.I had my 58 Brockway there.It actually made it in to the Aug issue of Todays trucking.The Clifford show was great I actually met Wayne King there he had a few Macks there in the Bulldog Corral and I bought my blue R model from him.I'm planning on bringing it up this year.Great Lakes puts on a lot of great events last year we went drag racing in St.Thomas with my old Louisville and so far this year we went to Erb's open house and I'm planning on going to the Mt.Elgin show in May maybe I'll catch up with you at one of these events.

Thanks I'm already a member I was at Clifford last year as well.I had my 58 Brockway there.It actually made it in to the Aug issue of Todays trucking.The Clifford show was great I actually met Wayne King there he had a few Macks there in the Bulldog Corral and I bought my blue R model from him.I'm planning on bringing it up this year.Great Lakes puts on a lot of great events last year we went drag racing in St.Thomas with my old Louisville and so far this year we went to Erb's open house and I'm planning on going to the Mt.Elgin show in May maybe I'll catch up with you at one of these events.

Cool it's a small world. I'm hoping to get my Superliner up to Clifford this year, and a friend of mine is figuring on bringing his 89 W900 Kenworth too. I met Wayne King up in Quebec last summer at Notre Dame Du Nord Truck Rodeo, He seems like a real good guy. He said he was trying to downsize his collection a little, by the sound of it he has a lot of stuff. I spent the afternoon at Dorner's open house last fall, had to cut my stay there short , had a wedding to attend that evening. Charlie Dorner jr told me about the club and all of their stuff. About all I have left to my truck is put some decent tires on it, put fifth wheel and full fenders on it, not going to repaint cab and hood this year. I want to try it out a little first. For sure we'll catch you somewhere this season.

Yeah small world indeed I was going to meet up with Wayne at the Rodeo last year but he left on Sunday morning when we were heading in.I used to camp at the Rodeo in my younger days but now that I bring the family with me I stay at my sisters in Kirkland Lake.And yes Wayne has a impressive collection of trucks

Good info on the building and the possible stack cutouts, Belmore made those rock chip guards for under the headlights of a Superliner. They said they fit 78-93 but most of us know that's not true just 85 up unless you trim em down bout 3/4".

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Yeah small world indeed I was going to meet up with Wayne at the Rodeo last year but he left on Sunday morning when we were heading in.I used to camp at the Rodeo in my younger days but now that I bring the family with me I stay at my sisters in Kirkland Lake.And yes Wayne has a impressive collection of trucks

I was looking at the picture of your Brockway in the Clifford Show edition of the club newsletter. I remember seeing it there. Very nice, don't see them every day You need pics of it on your gallery.