B81s on Die hard with vengeance

Its one family, the oldest is the grandfather who I believe is 84 still driving one, down to the grandsons, I will get pics with their permission, hopefully some video to post, I owe them a visit after all these years. They wave every time they see me still, and the trucks are kept in immaculate shape.

• Like 1

RONCETTI

Its one family, the oldest is the grandfather who I believe is 84 still driving one, down to the grandsons, I will get pics with their permission, hopefully some video to post, I owe them a visit after all these years. They wave every time they see me still, and the trucks are kept in immaculate shape.

Thats cool.Hope your able to get some pictures.

How in the world do they get drivers? i had a friend have to sell a awesome Superliner because he couldn't get a driver to drive it, too old.

alot of those trucks were working in the tunnel and would get covered in this wet sandy material. I know the company i was working for at the time was sending all the old DMs to work in there, They wouldnt send anything new there. That is one reason you see alot of the older trucks there

Local 282 Union Service

Just a little more info on this truck. Jack Shortway did own it and then sold it to Murray Paving from Mahwah,NJ. The story I got since we shared a yard with Murray and Mike Jost Excavating who had two Autocars in the movie was that the producer liked the look of the Autocars and went to Hudson County Motors in Secaucus and the salesmen directed him to guys in the area. They came to Bolkema Fuel to look at the trucks and saw Murray's Mack sitting there. This truck was sold and went down south I thought and was in another movie. If you got the chance to see this film in the movies when it came out the scene where they are at the construction site Iron Horse Construction from Oakland has his DM800 go by in the background loaded to the gills with sand. You don't see it on the dvd I think it has to do with screen size of something. Mike Josts two drivers had to be in the city at 4:00am every day and just sit there as they were not aloud to drive they had to use union movie drivers I guess Cheers, Robert.

Just a little more info on this truck. Jack Shortway did own it and then sold it to Murray Paving from Mahwah,NJ. The story I got since we shared a yard with Murray and Mike Jost Excavating who had two Autocars in the movie was that the producer liked the look of the Autocars and went to Hudson County Motors in Secaucus and the salesmen directed him to guys in the area. They came to Bolkema Fuel to look at the trucks and saw Murray's Mack sitting there. This truck was sold and went down south I thought and was in another movie. If you got the chance to see this film in the movies when it came out the scene where they are at the construction site Iron Horse Construction from Oakland has his DM800 go by in the background loaded to the gills with sand. You don't see it on the dvd I think it has to do with screen size of something. Mike Josts two drivers had to be in the city at 4:00am every day and just sit there as they were not aloud to drive they had to use union movie drivers I guess Cheers, Robert.

Neat info,do you remember seeing the B81 as a working truck back in the day?

When Jack Shortway had it it was in good shape. I know it was repowered probably a two valve. Murray bought it and it was starting

to go down hill. I think it was the producer who had bought it for another movie. Jack also had a GMC General with a 8v92 with 6 inch straight pipes and a nasty Jake on it. It sounded like an aircraft coming in. John Mauro ran his restored B81 full time for a while when he sold his RD to Spina Paving. I think that was in 98?.

Robert