• 2 months later...

The B 81 in the movie belonged to my cousin, Jack Shortway when the movie was made. He ran it every day out of the quarry. After the movie was done one of the producers bought the truck from him and took it to Montana. A couple of the A Cars were owned by Mike Jost Excavating from Franklin Lakes, NJ. I think he still has one of them, that was in use up to a few years ago. The other trucks in the movie were owned by various owner operators from North Jersey.

• Like 1

The B 81 in the movie belonged to my cousin, Jack Shortway when the movie was made. He ran it every day out of the quarry. After the movie was done one of the producers bought the truck from him and took it to Montana. A couple of the A Cars were owned by Mike Jost Excavating from Franklin Lakes, NJ. I think he still has one of them, that was in use up to a few years ago. The other trucks in the movie were owned by various owner operators from North Jersey.

Great info!Any word on how the B-81's doing these days???I'd love to see a recent pic!

I saw my cousin the other day and asked about the truck. He hasn,t heard anything in quite a while but the guy who bought the truck was going to use it on his ranch. I'm looking for a single axle b dump truck or tractor. any leads would be appreciated.

• 7 years later...

I just watched this movie for the first time in a long time today. I did notice the B and the DC  Autocar, I never had paid that much attention before. There were also several DM and R.

It got my curiosity up so I did a search and found this thread.