Had A Little Fun This Weekend

video

I figured I would have a little fun on sunday. I was cleaning up the dash a little and adding some switches for the light bar and back up lights. I was pulling some cut air lines and wires and got a "great" :wacko: idea...I unhoked the air line to puff limiter from the dash valve and re routed it thru a unused air switch located on the dash. now I can do a smoke show and pass emissions at the flick of a switch :P

video here

video

yes.... im a little nuts

:SMOKIE-LFT:

Trent

How does this work?! I've got an E9 that failed the emissions test last year in NJ(haven't been back since). Puff limiter has long since been removed. Is there anything I can do to make this rompin stompin V8 pass emissions without cutting the fuel or power?

the puff limiter, as recently explained, to me simply delays the fuel flow to the injectors to allow the turbo spool up. with it removed when you mash the peadal it opens the rack 100% dumping excess fuel that does not get fully used as the turbo is not spooling.. To pass emissions I would hook up the puff limiter and see if that helps. if thats still not enough, set the engine kill cable to where the truck will run but cant flow 100% fuel.... last time I took a truck to an emission test(2 years ago?) we did this just incase it would not pass :thumb: LOL... you can still get 2100RPM with no load.. after you pass re adjust the engine stop and you will be ok....that if they dont check the linkages :P

just a FYI a mack mech told me the driving the truck with no puff limiter can cause the fuel to wash the oil off the cyl walls causing extra wear and it also will mix into the oil.

smoke is cool..... but dont F up the engine over it

Good luck

Trent

How does this work?!  I've got an E9 that failed the emissions test last year in NJ(haven't been back since).  Puff limiter has long since been removed.  Is there anything I can do to make this rompin stompin V8 pass emissions without cutting the fuel or power?

hook your puffer valve back up and make sure you have air going to it with the spring brakes released. check to make sure the right number of shims (mearured in .000ths)

are on the stem of the puffer where it screws into the pump. also make sure relay valve is working right. those E-9s had plenty of power with everything hooked up and you'll run cooler pulling a long grade with a lot less smoke.j.j. :SMOKIE-LFT:

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"