main fuse

609albert

I have a 54 mack LS85 ,during restoration lost the main cartridge fuse that was on the firewall in the porclian

holder ,which I still have, just need to know size rating of the fuse and where to purchase, I;ve tried a 30 amp fuse and it blows, probably need a 50 or 60 amp but can't find one in the small diameter to fit into the holder.

Just out of curiosity, but where does the wire go to in the cab? Is it for a piece of electronics that was removed? If there was no demand the 30 amp should not have blown. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

It was probably added after the truck was built. You may want to consider using a hidden circuit breaker somewhere in the circuit to maintain the authenticity. If you still want to retain the original holder I would make a "dummy" fuse and still use the circuit breaker.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

It was probably added after the truck was built. You may want to consider using a hidden circuit breaker somewhere in the circuit to maintain the authenticity. If you still want to retain the original holder I would make a "dummy" fuse and still use the circuit breaker.

I was going to suggest that, I have more faith in high draw systems for breakers. Keep us posted. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE