Chicago R models

Actually  about the time these other trailer brands came on the scene, one of the two HilBilt dealers had gone out of business.  We bought a new HilBilt in 04’ and still have it.   We have not been easy on it by no means.    The other two Hilbilts we have, one is an old Harry Kuhn trailer and the other is an old Doecht trailer.   Both were very  well used by the time we got them.   

i think a real Hilbilt (before clement bought the trailer line) is hands down the best made. Coras, Dierzen, MTM, Buffalo are basically the same i think. I had a 99 hilbilt and hauled hundreds if not thousands of loads of broken concrete with no real problems. MTM is the hot brand this year it looks like around here

2 hours ago, Nobody454 said:

i think a real Hilbilt (before clement bought the trailer line) is hands down the best made. Coras, Dierzen, MTM, Buffalo are basically the same i think. I had a 99 hilbilt and hauled hundreds if not thousands of loads of broken concrete with no real problems. MTM is the hot brand this year it looks like around here

Real hilbilt? 

Hilbilt still builds trailers all day long everyday.

I will mention this thread to them. Don't be surprised if somebody from the company pops up on here asking a few questions.

hilbilt trailers are built by clement, if im not mistaken.  they aren't the same as they used to be.  still 2 dealers around here. Amston trailer in WI, and HCI in McCook IL. I think Hilbilt still makes the dump truck bodies, but not the trailers.

Edited by Nobody454

22 minutes ago, Nobody454 said:

hilbilt trailers are built by clement, if im not mistaken.  they aren't the same as they used to be.  still 2 dealers around here. Amston trailer in WI, and HCI in McCook IL. I think Hilbilt still makes the dump truck bodies, but not the trailers.

I hadn’t heard that.   I know when he built a 6 wheeler back in 03’, they were $18k for box.   We went with a Driezen and always regretted the choice.  

• 3 weeks later...