A Video for JumperandSon:

I have done that in an E9 powered Superliner (not because I wanted too) if you look its on camelback and the fifth wheel is back behind the centerbeam so the weight of the trailer is pushing down on the rear of the frame lifting the front using the centerbeam as a fulcrum. Its still cool looking but now you all know how to do it, I did it on accident hauling a 20' container loaded with marble, it was freakin heavy and the older 20' chassis would get into your mudflaps if you didnt slide the fifth wheel way back so I learned that day just how far you can slide it and stay on the ground.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I couldnt see where in TN they were but the logo is the shape of the state if I knew Id try to get you some pics up close Vinny, and Jumper.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I have done that in an E9 powered Superliner (not because I wanted too) if you look its on camelback and the fifth wheel is back behind the centerbeam so the weight of the trailer is pushing down on the rear of the frame lifting the front using the centerbeam as a fulcrum. Its still cool looking but now you all know how to do it, I did it on accident hauling a 20' container loaded with marble, it was freakin heavy and the older 20' chassis would get into your mudflaps if you didnt slide the fifth wheel way back so I learned that day just how far you can slide it and stay on the ground.

Mmmmm!!! That must have sounded great!!!! Was it one of them a$$ biting the seat moment? Or, Oh S#!&! moment?

• Like 1

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Haha, I thought it was too. Gotta be careful if your using an offbrand truck though, you might brake something. After the "Taking Off" scene, wind he winds her out just a little bit, it sounds like Goblin truck, from Maximum Overdrive. Does this sound live an 8v71?

Sounds like an 8V-71 and there's about a 99.9% chance it is.

Jim

Mmmmm!!! That must have sounded great!!!! Was it one of them a$$ biting the seat moment? Or, Oh S#!&! moment?

oh shit moment, I was making a turn in Nashville traffic from one high traffic road to another I was going straight towards traffic across the intersection.
  • Like 1

its got plenty of gear if they moved the fifth wheel up and stopped actin like fools it would drive just fine, some people do stupid things to make interesting videos and dont care what they break in the process. I am willing to bet that that truck has enough gear to take your foot off of the clutch and start that thing moving loaded without touching the throttle, but it doesnt make the front end go that high, if you pay atttention its barely creeping and at idle in one part of the video with the front end in the air looks to be in gear you can see it lurch up. You can do the same thing in a dump truck if you dont know how to spread rock or just like to play.

• Like 2

its got plenty of gear if they moved the fifth wheel up and stopped actin like fools it would drive just fine, some people do stupid things to make interesting videos and dont care what they break in the process. I am willing to bet that that truck has enough gear to take your foot off of the clutch and start that thing moving loaded without touching the throttle, but it doesnt make the front end go that high, if you pay atttention its barely creeping and at idle in one part of the video with the front end in the air looks to be in gear you can see it lurch up. You can do the same thing in a dump truck if you dont know how to spread rock or just like to play.

Maybe they just had it in high range so they could do wheelies. I would think that if it had a deeper gear (rearend or tranny) that you could wind it out and not pull the wheels up as bad.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

you're exactly right, looks like the 5th. wheel is as far back as it'll go, they have no weight on the steers.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.