Pictures of the Week

other dog

...and the usual gripping descriptions! Like-

the James River at Iron Gate

yellow caboose in Rainelle,W.V.

the curve at the bottom of the mountain,west of Rainelle. Many,many trucks have tipped over in this curve!

the ol' "mystery hole"- there's a bear and a gorilla on the roof.

West Virginia road shots

A big (huge actually) round thing at the bottom of the mountain just east of Gauley Bridge.

East Liverpool,Ohio from across the river in Chester,W.V. It was dark when I took this picture.

this was taken from the same spot, but it is daylight now.

East Liverpool,Ohio

Pittsburgh, Pa.

these are taken from rt. 51 north, heading to McKees Rocks.

station wagon I saw in South Carolina,believed to be a Pontiac Bonneville.

pretty good size pond in S.C.

Saw this girl by the pond.

post-1374-0-22652000-1353592294_thumb.jp

"South of the Border" sign on 95,just one of dozens.

There were plenty of cops in S.C. yesterday too- this is just 2 of many.

I thought i'd just make the one round to Chester/McKees Rocks and back to Lynchburg this week, but when I unloaded in Lynchburg Tuesday, they had a load there going to Columbia,S.C. with a return load of lumber in Mt. Gilead,N.C, which would be on the way home anyway. I thought "that's not too bad, I could still be in pretty early tomorrow".

But...headquarters called me and said "forget the lumber, your ass is going to Charleston to pick up a load."

This girl approached me on the street in Charleston while I was getting loaded. She wanted to know if I could lay over and come to her place for a drink but I said "heck no,I gotta go smoke a turkey,now get the hell outa here!"

post-1374-0-94527000-1353592358_thumb.jp

turned out to be this-

I've got 14 straps on the trailer, and used 13 of them.Pretty neat pictures I took after I got to the yard last night. It was dark then too.

took this from up on top of the load.

a steerable dolly loaded on a drop deck. they pulled it out of the weeds last week to get it roadworthy, hasn't been used for a long time. it's a Mack truck chassis, I don't know what model it is, but the right frame rail goes out in the front while the left one is straight- maybe it's a U-model.

A B53 mixer

I also saw this girl hitchhiking. Once again I was going the wrong way, but since everybody seemed to think I should pick them up, I conked her in the noggin with a tire beater and threw her in the truck anyway.

post-1374-0-82188700-1353592016_thumb.jp

She was not very thankful when I let her out,but she still had a smile on her face!

post-1374-0-00859600-1353592190_thumb.jp

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

They where working pretty hard in Ia yesterday also. Jumped off to eat had a bull rack pulled over under the bridge. Got rolling again and he had an oversize pulled over. Sd not so much so I hope they aren't working hard Friday as we are gonna be rolling to unload

Neat pics; It's an Oldsmobile, niot a Pontiac though. Count the letters across the tailgate!

That was my first thought too, but Jo said it said Bonneville.

Evidently she knows her Bonnevilles, that's what it is- this is a '59 Bonneville Safari.

This looks more like it,this is a '60 model.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.