Anybody else seen this?

Superdog

:SMOKIE-RT:

Here's my concern;seems to me a State,in this case,would need to be fully able to be self-sufficient. I'd generally think a "Free State" could arrange trade with surrounding States to acquire what it can't provide for itself. The big concern is that,with this Administration,The Feds would probably lean heavily on the surrounding States to NOT help or cooperate with the "Free State". Given the level of most States' dependence on Fed. help and "Freebies",they'd have a rough time resisting.

A friend and I were talking about this idea a couple months ago,wondering how this'd work for Nevada. We (Nevada) could take control of the I-80 inside the borders,as well as claiming the railroads inside our borders. I'd vote for lightening up on DOT's BS a lot;there's a LOT they don't have to be so hard-assed about,so re-write some of that to make life easier on the truckers. Probably put together an Advisory Board made up of professional truckers,people who know shipping,an attorney who knows about transportation,maybe a highway engineer. With their help and input,we could probably make Nevada a lot easier to haul freight through without destroying the roads. (I'd ALSO work on DMV's current idiocy. It's already a State agency but it really needs a tune up just the same.)

On the plus side,we'd have control of all our land,so we could market some industry here,and since the Feds wouldn't have any power over our ground water supply,we'd be able to handle some manufacturing. I'd vote for re-opening Yucca Mtn. and make contracts to accept nuclear waste from other States. That could become a very good income for Nevada. Also,I understand France and other Countries have a pretty good handle on recycling nuclear waste,so if the crew at Yucca could learn to do that,it'd make some more good income for Nevada. We'd still have mining (for awhile),and without the Feds screwing things up the Ranching business could finally prosper again. Of course we'd still have gambling and such,and prostitution in some parts of Nevada,and good golf courses,so it'd be worthwhile to get back on the list to have Elko's airport brought back to a grade A rating. That would really help the tourism here. I THINK we'd have enough resources to make a go of it,but it'd really take smarter people than me to sort it all out.

In reality though,I think it'd never happen-I don't think our Governor has the stones to try for it.

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

I always watch BBC, a lot of news that is suppressed here is aired, like this. Talked to my cousins in Denton, Tx there was a lot off positive things mentioned. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Well, if I was an enemy of the US, I'd say cool - they're dividing, two divided countries are weaker than one united (hey, its UNITED States, isn't it?). It's a bit like in the sand box - I don't like it, I take my toys and go home. Really, think about it friends. Have a nice day

Pawel