Big Mack Truck

One of the Alaska Freightways trucks,used to haul everything needed to install the DEW (Defense,Early,Warning) systems during the cold war,and a pretty famous ad for Mack...............................Mark

I've got a really good book here somewhere, by Chris Bishop I believe. He worked and drove in Alaska for years, until he was in his 80's. He tells the story of these big Macks and their mission, the Letourneau Snow Train, and lots of other driving adventures he took part in. Good book, even has lots of pictures.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Can u get me ordering info for that book?

Yes, it's Cliff Bishop, not Chris. I can't find mine, I know it's around here somewhere! Here's a link to it on amazon, that's where I got mine from. Saw it advertised in a magazine and ordered it, I was well pleased with it.

http://www.amazon.com/Eighteen-Wheels-North-Alaska-Bishop/dp/1594331103/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1352559536&sr=1-3&keywords=trucking+in+alaska

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Yes, it's Cliff Bishop, not Chris. I can't find mine, I know it's around here somewhere! Here's a link to it on amazon, that's where I got mine from. Saw it advertised in a magazine and ordered it, I was well pleased with it.

http://www.amazon.co...cking in alaska

Tom, thanks for the link.

So many things to learn all around the world.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I know I've brought this up before,but there is an old MACK video of these trucks in action on there way up to Alaska.I saw it back in the '90's at a truck show in Milwaukee.Anyone else ever seen it,or know where to get a copy?

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Ha, beefy unit! Yeah that's hard to resist for list of us.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"