Is there anyone one there that will hire someone with a 1989 mack?

GEN1dawg91

Hello I'm new to this forum and just started over the road, and while in PA I saw a 1989 mack superliner for sale for a decent price and it wasn't in too bad of condition and low miles around 400k i live in SC east of I95 and was wondering if there was any companies (preferably flatbed if possible) that will be willing to hire me with a truck this old with or without me having my own minimum insurance. Any advice is welcomed thank you for the help in advance.

First let me say welcome to the jungle. Now back to the story at hand. The pickings are getting slimer and slimer on companies that will lease on older trucks. I know Landstar does or did, but I don't suggest them.What are you looking to do? Is the truck a daycab or sleeper? how far are you wanting to go? Do you want to be home everynight or every other? Do you want to pick and choose your own loads or be forced dispatch? you could check this out.

http://www.hiringowneroperators.com/South-Carolina-Jobs.html

also something you might want to look into is doing Power onlies/towaways not containers although when your not leased to anyone they do pay good. I have a friend that all he does is power onlies and he makes more doing that then with his trailer.

Tow away express

Powersource and a few others. Good luck

I've heard Landstar now requires all new leases to have an EOBR installed in their truck....which is reason enough for ME not to ever consider them (I don't want one of those damn things in my truck). EOBR's won't work with a mechanical engine....so you'd either have to repower that '89 bulldog with an electronic engine or Landstar won't take you on.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

A little more info would help.

Wetline? trailer dumps-they don't care. Or walking floor-although seems that the Cubans have that market down here.

What experience do you have? Hauling what? did you like it? If so, try that area

Oh, and welcome.

Need pics of truck

OD will want pics of wimmins with little clothing

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

A little more info would help.

Wetline? trailer dumps-they don't care. Or walking floor-although seems that the Cubans have that market down here.

What experience do you have? Hauling what? did you like it? If so, try that area

Oh, and welcome.

Need pics of wimmins with little clothing

OD will want pics of truck

yes
  • Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

thanks for the help i just started hauling flatbed, just got through with my ridealone, mostly suciude coils and wood at the moment when i looked at the truck i didnt see any wetline kit have to do power only at first until i can get a trailer if i do and the truck has a sleeper so i dont have to stay in a hotel like with a daycab.

I willing go anywhere in the 48 states.

Edited by GEN1dawg91

dont have any pictures at the moment but ill see if i can desribe it more dont hold me to these details because i have a wirery memory even though im young, The truck is a 1989 mack superliner that has a round 400K miles on it, it has a ~70in sleeper with tandem axles with a somekind of 6in spread i think he said (any enlightenment on this is welcomed), there is about $30K invested in it before it was parked and the engine was upgraded to a 4 valve E7 350 engine putting out little over 400 hp. When I get a picture of the truck or of one similar i will post them. But going by dispatch I'm going to be in the midwest most of my time out.

Mr. Hatcity, I do like my job , and who is OD?

In the Truck Im in now is a Freighshaker, and it has a EOBR in it and I dont like it, almost got in trouble with it for taking a detour down a side street since there was contruction between me and my dropoff.

Edited by GEN1dawg91

Landstar, Mercer are the flatbed companies, I leased on to a company hauling rail containers in Nashville with my 84 Superliner in 07 most of the smaller container dreyage companies dont have age requirements and they get you home daily or at least twice a week, depends on what you want to do. A word of caution, I have a friend with a '99 International that is looking at a new or newer(06-up) truck because he can no longer go out west and cant idle anywhere so make sure you will be comfortable with the areas you will be able to travel most of those regulations will work their way to the northeast soon.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

We have a form of EOBR's in our 3/4 ton pick ups at the mine I work at. They yell "check your speed" if you are going to mph over the speed limit and will record a speeding "event" if it warns you three times. They also record agressive driving events for accelerating too fast, braking too hard, or turning too sharp. It has been used to fire a guy who was going 90 in a 55 and 60 in a 35 with some sharp S turns. It was a pain in the ass to begin with, but I have become beat down and no longer worry to much about it.

Ben

1962 B733 L cab

Sorry but since the number I had was disconnected this truck is most likely sold, but in case it wasn't I'm going to see if I can find it again next time im in that area. I didn't mean to get y'all's hopes up, seems this is my luck with vehicles. I not going to give up my dream of driving a mack, old or new, but hopefully this topic will help give others hope that there is a chance the still make a carreer on the open road with a old(er) mack truck.

I'm not the only one!

You had to go play with the pic didnt ya! it was sexy to begin with.

next time use this one.......

post-5240-0-63716100-1352155384_thumb.jp

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"