Building a model of Love Machine from "Convoy" movie

Hello, friends.

I am a modeler from Russia and fell in love with North American Trucks since I saw "Convoy" movie in1987.

Now I'm building a model of Rubber Dack's friend (Paulie) Truck.

Here is the link to Work In Progres: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39237

I need help with some reference pictures.

I stuck with the gear shift. Don't know how to lay the pipeline. I know it should be between transmission air valve and transmission shift cylinder, but can't find them on my gear shift.

Can anyone tell me - where are transmission air valve and transmission shift cylinder can locate on this gear shift?

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

Thanks in advans, Sergey

I looked at the link and must say you do alot of really nice building. I love all the attention to detail.

If you dont mind, I posted some pics of the Cabover Mack from Convoy I built 10 years ago. I also posted a pic of the Mad Max R model I built around the same time

There is a member here that built up the Duck truck and did alot of extra detail work like you did.

Cant wait to see your finished Model.

post-17-0-88588700-1351050569_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-85232800-1351050587_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-55132200-1351050825_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-01379800-1351050841_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-14072700-1351050855_thumb.jpg

Even if the truck had a air shift. the air control valve (splitter) would be on the stick shift lever just under the handle. the air cylinder to control the shift would be on the transmission top cover near the stick shifter enters the transmission. But as said that cabover model has a 5 speed trans and did not have any air system to control it. Only thing that trans would have that looks like a wire, air line etc...would be a speedo cable near the output yoke, possible a clutch cable near the bell housing and possible a temp sensor wire or back up alarm sensor wire.

Thank you Lmackattack. You have nice collection of movie trucks.

I guess the action from clutch pedal to clutch transmits by the clutch cable near the bell housing. Am I right?

Sorry for my ignorance. :blush: I have never drowe a Big Rig, not to mention a North American one.

Edited by Sergey

Where's Vlad for this? Fellow Russian modeler.

Guys are working very good, you can see it on that forum, but it's all in Russian.

As for me I'm mostly doing now about big iron and being home area a bit in a shedow.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I have followed Sergeys build over at Modelcarsmagazine.com for a while now,let me tell you,this thing is phenominal! his attention to detail is unreal! he even mde his own driveshaft with u-joints etc. really something to see. And Superdog is 100% correct,on the AMT kit,the Mack 5 speed direct has no external air lines,hoses etc. just mechanical linkage from the shift tower back to the top of the trans...........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.