rebuild or replace, 711 with turbo

mackmb212

Those first 350's were called a ENDT678 if I remember right,but shortly after renamed as a E6-350.First one I was around was in a '80 Cruiseliner demonstrator that our dealer was passing around to it's customers.

Superdog would any of the Mack v8s fit under my hood and would it bolt to my quad box. I was told it can be done but I would have to use a bigger radiator. Thanks

Rudy

wow, im confused myself haha. tip turbin, intercooler, air to air, half water, half whatever wow. i know the early 711's had head gasket issues with the old copper gasket. some of the newer ones i have seen have the newer thin gasket and firerings the the 237's. my END707 had the thinner gaskets and the firerings on the deck. its a 1977 engine block in my b613. i know its an oddball engine and everytime u mention it someones says a 707 is a gas and i say, nope, its a diesel. runs different to, think the operating range is 11 or 1200 to 1800. you can run it yo 2100 but it doesnt shift as good.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

i have a r 607 with a 711 engine.

there`s a little whole in the block where the liner gomes in.

it`s leaking coolant between the block and the liner.

let the coolant out and put frech water and wondarweld in it ,let it run for a while til it was at operating temperature and the leaking stopt.

don`t know for how long but for now it`s good.

leon.

The jake brake from a older 673 would be same and i cant remenber the model.I think it is older model than 675 but dont remenber off hand. Not a 237 because the cam is different.

after I asked that question last night I found a thread asking if a 711 Jake brake would work on a 673 and the guys were saying the 2 valve engines used the same jake. Thanks for.your imput.

Rudy

had this happen on my old cummins 240. oil cooler was shot. suck all my antifreeze into the motor oil. replaced the oil cooler and about 6 months later BANG. spun a bearing.

It can happen to any engine. Antfrezze will eat brgsand water is bad enough but antifrezze is a killer. Any time antifreeze has been in the oil it is good insurance to change the brgs. I always said to check them and if you check all you as well to go change them when they are down. glenn

glenn akers