Gerharts Pics 10/6/12

JTFormula

Nice pictures,thanks for posting them,the red white and blue R-model wrecker belongs to a friend of mine from Jersey,its quite a truck,with quite a history behind it......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

No idea. I didn't check. To be honest I am still new at this big truck stuff so even if I looked under the hood, I would not know what the heck I was looking at anyway.

One thing I noticed is a lot of guys were just opening doors and climbing into other peoples trucks. One example was that red b61 wrecker I watched two guys just open the door and climb in saying "hey check this thing out"

I know at classic car shows this is something you would never do unless you want to get your ass kicked.

• Like 1

Bob so it's ok to walk up to someone's truck and open the door and check it out? I think I'd feel better if the owner was around to ask first.

The green single axle b61 that was for sale I want to climb in to check it out but again I am used to the car show discipline of never touch another car unless you get permission.

No idea. I didn't check. To be honest I am still new at this big truck stuff so even if I looked under the hood, I would not know what the heck I was looking at anyway.

One thing I noticed is a lot of guys were just opening doors and climbing into other peoples trucks. One example was that red b61 wrecker I watched two guys just open the door and climb in saying "hey check this thing out"

I know at classic car shows this is something you would never do unless you want to get your ass kicked.

That's the difference betweem the type of people involved in each hobby.

• Like 1

No kidding? I might like this hobby better then the stuck up car people. My wife actually had fun and said everyone was super nice. She's looking forward to the next show.

So who wants to let me drive their truck now?

Guest 45LMSWM

JTForumla:whats the power of the LMSW M

Pretty sure it has an early NH220 in it now, but still carries a Single Disc pump. I took a photo of the engine plate a few years ago,m but I cannot find it. Had a HB-600(150) or an NHB-600(200) when new.

post-1829-0-40667300-1349631573_thumb.jp

The front crossmember under the crank dampener has the tell tale sign of a taper nose crank failure...Large round dent in crossmember...same as my '45 LM which has a documented failure of this type.

-John

Bob so it's ok to walk up to someone's truck and open the door and check it out? I think I'd feel better if the owner was around to ask first.

I have to agree one million percent. I would never THINK about opening someone's door without asking first- never mind just climbing in, thats just plan flat out IGNORANT!!!!! My truck is far from a picture of total 100% total immaculate perfection of a restoration, with tons of nicks, scratches and a few dents here and there....but that doesnt give anyone the right to open my doors without my permission. I always get people asking, and I always say yes, and in fact have even told many to "go ahead, open the door!" when I can see them straining their necks to look up and in........but not to ask? Nope. Thats like school on christmas day- no class.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Most owners aren't at their trucks while others are looking at them. In twenty plus years of truck shows I've never seen anyone mind a fellow enthusiast open their truck's door. Crawling on a fender with boots and a belt buckle is a whole nother story.

• Like 1

No kidding? I might like this hobby better then the stuck up car people. My wife actually had fun and said everyone was super nice. She's looking forward to the next show.

So who wants to let me drive their truck now?

You can drive Little Orange anytime.

i think the diference between truck and car pepole. car show spectators "not all" dream about owening a cool car, truck pepole are looking at anouther buissness and treat it with respect, i still will not touch any ones truck with out them there. what if the hood cables were broke and there you stand with a superliner hood on the ground.

• Like 1

I never took my truck to a big show, just a couple of local shows. One was the Stonewall Antique Power Show, which they don't even have any more, and the other is really a car show, but i'd always leave the doors open for anyone to look inside or get in if they wanted to.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.