John Deere 310j on 40ft gooseneck

tkobes43

Do you think my trailer can hold it? Making the treck from fairfield NJ to Sparta, Nj to build a driveway for my mom. Its 500 extra bucks to get it delivered and picked up from hertz equipment rental. Thats insane. Rather do it myself. If any of you can give me advice cause this is my first haul hauling a heavy piece of equipment....

Thanks Tommy

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Ok heres what you need to do. First. get your big boy pants on hook up the Cornbinder to the gooseneck and drag it down the road. you do not want my opinion on chaining as I always over kill. but 2 front,either cross or pulled sideways,2 in the back cross chained, 1 over each bucket. Over kill yes but it will not go anywhere. 2nd. if you don't fell comfortable pay the 500.00

Not that i dont feel comfortable. I know the truck and i can do it. Just wondering about the trailer. The trailer decking is in "Eh" shape. Could use a little loving but still there. Ill make sure i get my big boy pants on :)

Thanks for the Info! Ill take pics for you guys!

Thanks alot!

Tom

That backhoe should weigh around 15000 lbs plus or minus 1000 lbs depending on the set up, I would pull it with my 1 ton pick up, but then it is a Chevy with a Duramax, pulled my B61 that weighs about that or more a little more with the cruise set at 74, 231 miles.

Chain down good, center your load on the trailer watch out for your dipper boom streach it out, that back hoe is just over 11 feet tall, my JD backhoe has the ROPS, no cab so when I haul it around I am not concerned about height. Watch how you load and off load on the trailer with the angle, and location being level or sloped up the backhoe has a tendancy to drag on the road/ground when when on ramps

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Not that i dont feel comfortable. I know the truck and i can do it. Just wondering about the trailer. The trailer decking is in "Eh" shape. Could use a little loving but still there. Ill make sure i get my big boy pants on :)

Thanks for the Info! Ill take pics for you guys!

Thanks alot!

Tom

You ought to see my deck. Damn forklifts are killing it. Ateleast 15' is tore all to hell on the left side or drivers side. Thomas Tractor has it right. On a gooseneck it will get interesting going up and down. Might try to go off the side.

Was just in Kc thomas, Went to Bargus delivered them a Crane then went back to Overland park to the motel to shower and stuff then hit the road

You ought to see my deck. Damn forklifts are killing it. Ateleast 15' is tore all to hell on the left side or drivers side. Thomas Tractor has it right. On a gooseneck it will get interesting going up and down. Might try to go off the side.

Was just in Kc thomas, Went to Bargus delivered them a Crane then went back to Overland park to the motel to shower and stuff then hit the road

Ill have the guy at hertz load it first :banana:

Tom

Idk if they load anything not on there trailer. But you can find out.just put it in first maybe drop the backhoe bucket down curled up and put positive pressure to keep the wheels down. and run it down as you go up. Idk been a long time since I have loaded anything on a gooseneck trailer that wasn't a lowboy

Slpwlkr

I am out on the east side by the 1-70 petro (Iowa 80) exit 28, let me know next time I can buy you a coffee.. I will have my daily helper with and he will be happy that we are going for coffee. When ever we go there he gets an ice cream from the DQ so he is always asking to go get coffe or fuel.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Yes exactly, I am about 4 miles out in disorganized jackson county, on the North side of 70 not in Oak Grove proper

Ok we stay at the petro from time to time. i don't really like that Ta there. Hell we just rolled by it Monday afternoon headed toward Altamont,Il. Sitting at Robs place now.

If the trailers a tandem dually you will be fine. It should have the 12.5k axles on it. I haul our 310se with my 1 ton Dodge everywhere with no problems. We put 21,000 to 22,000 worth of hay on ours running around the fields and back roads.

Ben

1962 B733 L cab

I load rubber tire tractors and backhoes on my gooseneck regularly with no problem. Just have to be careful and take your time. Make sure the weight rating of your trailer can handle it. One trick I use is to back the trailer into a swail to get it lower to the ground. As we all know, a few extra inches can make a big difference!

Ok heres what you need to do. First. get your big boy pants on hook up the Cornbinder to the gooseneck and drag it down the road. you do not want my opinion on chaining as I always over kill. but 2 front,either cross or pulled sideways,2 in the back cross chained, 1 over each bucket. Over kill yes but it will not go anywhere. 2nd. if you don't fell comfortable pay the 500.00

To many chains and binders on a load never killed anyone. To little chains have..I'm with you, chain it down and check them often.

Not that you wouldn't enjoy operating the equipment, but if you have to pay transport and rental it might be quicker and cheaper just to have the job done. I cannot imagine any driveway taking a good operator more than 8 hours. Most rubber tired TLB's are less than $100.00 per hour in our area. Do the math before you commit.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Thanks guys for all the advice! I had to work the day the machine was getting dropped off. So i couldn't go down and pick it up. But i am bringing it back down to fairfield. I also have to transport it to my house i live in now cause we have huge boulders we want to bring to the new house to use to line the drive way. So ill keep you all updated!

Tom