Mack Trucktoberfest - Fri. Oct 26 & Sat. Oct 27

Doug Maney

Rolled in on Thursday night. The weather doesn't look all that promising, especialy since the predictions had been for super weather all week end, but I'm sure we'll have a good time.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Received my confirmation in the mail today. Who is going?

My MH has been sitting since Gerhart's. I hope it starts...I will check it out on Wednesday and head out on Thursday morning. Anyone coming from the west on the PA turnpike?

Weather forecast is still good for Friday and Saturday (some clouds but no rain).

Is there a truck wash nearby?

I saw you rolling north on I-81 about 11:00. I was headed south in my blimp.

See you tomorrow.

Doug

• Like 1

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

I saw you rolling north on I-81 about 11:00. I was headed south in my blimp.

See you tomorrow.

Doug

I was probably taking my before lunch nap, although you can't sleep on I-78 (too rough). Never did get my truck washed. I will be shining it on Friday with paper towels and 409. Sun shining when I left the farm but foggy and misted on and off most of the way from Willow Hill exit on PA turnpike.

Had dinner with Carl (fxfymn) this evening. We plan to be at the Museum between 9a and 10a.

Hope the weather is better Friday AND Saturday.

See ya!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I was probably taking my before lunch nap, although you can't sleep on I-78 (too rough). Never did get my truck washed. I will be shining it on Friday with paper towels and 409. Sun shining when I left the farm but foggy and misted on and off most of the way from Willow Hill exit on PA turnpike.

Had dinner with Carl (fxfymn) this evening. We plan to be at the Museum between 9a and 10a.

Hope the weather is better Friday AND Saturday.

See ya!

Ken if my neighborhood wasnt going to be full of trick-or-treaters tomorrow I would invite you to bring it over to my house tomorrow and wash it proper with the hose and water and all that......lol

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Great show! Mack has gone all out for all of us. Lunch and dinner yesterday; breakfast and lunch today. Nice banquet last night with Mack's VP of Sales giving a quick spiel on the state of Mack.

Lots of trucks with a few attendees that I haven't seen at other shows. A very pretty open cab B model and Bedford NY's closed cab B model are both rigs I had not seen before.

Get here if you can!

I'll post pictures tonight.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I made it home! I am beat!

We had a great time at a fantastic event.

Thanks to Mack Trucks, The Mack Trucks Historical Museum, all of the Mack Trucks employees, Mack Museum employees, ambassadors and Mr. Reardon for hosting Trucktoberfest for us Antique Truck enthusiasts.

I will attach a few photos and there will certainly be more to come.

post-91-0-21597900-1351378804_thumb.jpg

post-91-0-21418000-1351378850_thumb.jpg

post-91-0-73859000-1351378900_thumb.jpg

post-91-0-45511400-1351378966_thumb.jpg

post-91-0-78380500-1351379009_thumb.jpg

post-91-0-62522100-1351379062_thumb.jpg

I drove back to the farm tonight. I echo what everyone else said about Trucktoberfest. It was GREAT!!! :twothumbsup:

Mack puts on a great party/show! I bet this was the first time the test track had wall-to-wall trucks! Approximately 100 trucks on a 3/4 mile circle. I can't wait to see the video.

Doug - you need to add a "best burnout" to the "games". I am going to start practicing this winter....NOT!!!

Ken

Is there any word on the second annual trucktoberfest for next year?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Is there any word on the second annual trucktoberfest for next year?

I talked to Don S on Saturday. He was very happy with the turnout. I asked about a show for next year. His reply was "likely" but it will be discussed at the "board" meeting with Mother Mack and the Museum. They will make the decision. And if there is a show next year, it will likely be earlier in the season.

Note to Barry: ATCA, ATHS, and SPAAMFAA were all represented (BTW, great talk Doug!). There was no mention of BMT. Perhaps you and Doug can somehow get this added to "next year's show". Afterall we are the "offical" Mack collectors forum! :twothumbsup:

Ken

I had all intentions of mentioning BMT during my part when I was mentioning getting the younger generation involved in the hobby. But hey, I was winging it and forgot several things I wanted to mention. Besides that, he had me go first, I didn't have the ability to work off of Harvey & Tom.

I had all intentions of mentioning BMT during my part when I was mentioning getting the younger generation involved in the hobby. But hey, I was winging it and forgot several things I wanted to mention. Besides that, he had me go first, I didn't have the ability to work off of Harvey & Tom.

Doug - you did a good job "winging it". Thanks for your hard work and dedication to the Mack hobby.

Ken

Anybody got any pictures of trucks?

Pics will be posted once everyone gets back home...but there were NO U models at the show. U need to get your U completed so U can take it to Macungie, Gerhart's, and other shows. U have a rare truck or the only one that is still sitting upright (just had to say that).

Ken

An FWD, for the un-initiated, is an option Mack owners can rely upon when they get their Mack stuck in the mud.......

Quick story. Many of you know that the FWD was delivered new to my VFD, where my father has been, still is an active member. He was 19 when it was delivered new, and is the truck he learned to drive and pump on. Well, sometime in the late 60's, early 70's, our neighboring company sank their 48 L Mack pumper to the running boards in the mud at a field fire. They called upon my father (who also did towing/recoveries at the time) to see what he could do- he was at the fire with the FWD (not stuck, of course.) He hooked onto the tow eyes of the L-Mack with the FWD, locked the center differential, put it in first, and the rest was history, The Driver of the L-Mack was D.C. Sr.

Fast forward to 2002. They still had (and still do have) that L Mack. We were at a muster at Cooper River Park in Camden NJ. The driver of the L Mack got it stuck in the mud by the river bank after pumping for a few hours. Said driver called upon ME to help out....hooked a chain to the front tow hooks of the L Mack to my front tow hooks, locked the center differential, put her in reverse and the rest was history!!! The driver of the L Mack: D.C. Jr!!!!!

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS