Finding Antique Mack Value

I need help on how to find the value of our old Mack Truck. I've looked on several "old truck" sites and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Does this Mack Site have a section for looking up a general starting value for an antique Mack.

Unfortunately there is not a good site to find the value of old commercial trucks. Value varies greatly depending as you would suspect depending on year, make, model, condition, rarity, desirability... I look on Ebay, Craigslist,Truck Paper, Wheels of Time Classified Ads and other sources for similar trucks to try to get and idea, but it is often impossible to find the exact same vehicle. If you post a description and a bunch of photos I'm sure you can get a million opions on this web site.

Mike

• Like 1

If you post a description and a bunch of photos I'm sure you can get a million opions on this web site.

Mike

Exactly. The only way to get an honest, emotionally detached appraisal is to hire an appraiser (preferably credentialed by the AACA, ATHS or another recognized organization) to come out and do an appraisal for you. And yes, Mowerman is correct, much to the dismay of many antique truck owners; they generally are not worth very much other than scrap value. Part of me would like to think that my 1958 FWD Pumper is worth $10,000 but realistically I know I probably couldnt get more than $3000 on a good day for it.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

A lot of the truck price falls in the catagory of "how bad the buyer wants it and how much the seller wants"

I have about 65 in my Diamond T and similiar ones sold recently go in the 40's although at Barrett Jackson Scotsdale 2 years ago one brought 100. When some one asks me if it is for sale I just say "it depends on how big their checkbook is", so far I have not heard any offers.

As Mike said, There are a lot of variables involved if you are selling. If you are looking for "declared value" collision insurance you will probably have to go to an appraiser who has the right paperwork for the insurance company requesting the appraisal. In Greenville SC it was a Corvette / Classic car dealer who only wanted pictures and a short verbal description of its rareity and who and how the restoration was done and he wrote it up for the 65 I have in it.

Hope all this helps

Brocky

Brocky