happy weekend fella,,s

mowerman

So far the weekend has been a total bust. Picked up my new rear window Friday & tinted it out last night...but couldn't get it installed today. Couldn't get my 5th wheel top plate rebuilt, either.

I did buy a new gas can...and disabled the stupid EPA-approved pour spout. The cap leaked, though, so I retro-fitted an old style pour spout & added a vent to the new can so that it isn't any different than a can you would have bought 10 years ago. Mixed some oil into the gas & poured some into my new chain saw, filled the bar & chain oil reservoir, and tried to fire it up to get some work done on the sweetgum tree that's dead in the front yard....but it wouldn't start. So, I have to tear into it to see if it's got the spark plug unplugged or something stupid like that (bought it off the shelf, so who knows...)

Bought some more ammo for the Governor & my 1911.....Apple Creek gun range opened back up today (but I'm guessing it was crowded since it has been closed most of the summer). I figure I can swing up there next weekend (when everybody else is going to be at the gun show) and have the place to myself.

I had also wanted to pull the bed off the F250 and try to figure out why it seems like it starves for fuel when running on the front tank. Problem started at the rear tank...then that cleared up at the same time the front tank started acting up. Ford wants $400/each for the OEM fuel pumps (I've had bad experiences with aftermarket pumps...so they aren't an option)...but supposedly there is a relay between the tanks that is only $200. That sounds feasible, considering how the problem developed...but until I get the bed off so that I can work without having to drop fuel tanks & crap, I won't know.

Ain't got laundry done, either....but I did half-ass watch the nationwide race, and the truck race is on the TV now (even though I'm not really paying attention to it until I hear the magic words: "Caution is out")

Oh well...weekend ain't over yet....still got tomorrow. Maybe I'll get something done...but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'll be happy if I just get the grocery shopping done so I have some food in the house again.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Rowdy you are scaring me cause your weekend sounds like all of my days each week. Something tells me that i'm getting old or lazy or both. I got so much to do that I cannot begin to tell it. All i've wanted to do lately is go bike riding. I've done that several times this past week, at night mostly. I've been riding up near the Kentucky border and the barns are smoking from the tobacco being smoke cured. I enjoy smelling it as I pass by the farms. It really hangs low in the valleys. Funny thing happened several years ago me and the g/f went flying early september and passed over a barn that she noticed smoking, LOL and she thought it was on fire. I still tease her about that flight. I've been wanting to go camping for probably 6 years now. Bought a new dome tent that will sleep 6. I wanted a tent that you can standup in and has a room divider, so I got it and have had no time to go. This is the only time of year when I like to go because it is cooler.

mike

Yesterday (Sat.) was a washout.

Today, change oil anf fuel filters, full grease. Drain radiator for tomorrows adventure.

Tomorrow (Mon.) pull radiator and take to shop. Have a new one ready to p/u there. He will also repair the old one. Install new radiator.

These are the times i wish I had a shop to work in.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

sorry somma you guys,,are short of time,,,i am also shorta time.lol but try to make the best of it,,,gettting ready to barbeque mow and fertilize,,and work on harley.sounds like a lot for 1 day,,,also try to catch a little of raiders game.woohoo...bob

Rowdy and Dozer leave the grocery store...

Actually, it ain't too far off from that. Spent $300+ today after church restocking the freezer with frozen pizzas, the fridge with milk, and buying sammiches for the week. I also did something I almost NEVER do....bought cereal. Wal-mart had some that I haven't seen since I was a kid & didn't think they even made anymore....so I just HAD to buy 'em. They also had some Oreo cookies that were double-double stuffs....triple decker cookies with a double stuff layer of chocolate fudge and a double stuff layer of mint. Sounded too good to pass up. I really need to keep from going to the store when I'm hungry, but that's the only time I even think about buying groceries. My house hasn't had food in it for over 2 weeks! I swear Dozer usually eats better than I do....

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

sorry somma you guys,,are short of time,,,i am also shorta time.lol but try to make the best of it,,,gettting ready to barbeque mow and fertilize,,and work on harley.sounds like a lot for 1 day,,,also try to catch a little of raiders game.woohoo...bob

how'd that work out for you/

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

how'd that work out for you/

well got the mowing,fertilize done,,saw a little of ball game,barbequed,,and moved mack,cause my neighbor is giving me a free 69 ford pickup,,we were gonna move it to my yard today but he got tied up putting a new floor in his travel trailer,,didnt get to harley,,,but had pretty good time,kicken back with old lady drinkin coctails,,and watchin 49ers,,how did your day go???????bob

Well loaded yesterday in West Monroe, But that was a fiasco and didn't leave till after 1500. Only made North Little rock today instead of getting into the state of misery. Soooooo that meant driving today. Weekend was shot. On the plus side no curfew in the morning because I'm on the Ks side.

Well loaded yesterday in West Monroe, But that was a fiasco and didn't leave till after 1500. Only made North Little rock today instead of getting into the state of misery. Soooooo that meant driving today. Weekend was shot. On the plus side no curfew in the morning because I'm on the Ks side.

man thats mess up,,,my company used to have 7 day operation,,,but with the recession we do things all differant now,,just monday thru friday,,,but then we dont get to get outa town much anymore,,were all home everyday,now,,,,better luck next weekend.....bob