Big Dumps

other dog

Thats an old 769 cat that was their first off road dump as I recall, Mack made them before Cat. M35 Mack believe it or not all those trucks are supposed to be in the same weight class ( Mack looks stringer to me)

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

A friend of mine works for Peabody coal and he is one of those high-fa-lutin' efficiency expert engineers (kind of like RandyP). He was spec'ing out new coal trucks like those and they went with some brand other than cat because cat still used powershift transmissions in the size they wanted and they would all shift at the same place coming out of the pit. They were always having to fix the road where they would shift. WIth the new ones, they are saving gobs of moo-lah just in not having to work on the roads. I would never have thought of that........I guess that is why I am a poor farmer?

Good Grief Olive! Thas the joke of the century, efficiency expert? Me? Olive, you wouldnt bleeve all the stuff them mining engineers look at to cut cost, improve production and all. They really got it down to a science now, you go work a 12 hr. shift there, and they got every minute of that 12 hrs. all figured out for you. For a few years fore I left, all big stripping tractors had computers on them with ports they could drive up and plug a laptop in to, download everything, and tell you how much idling you did, or what gears you used, if rippers were up or down, etc. Cat even has a program on dozers, to put in what type soil you are pushing, and they will tell you how much track slippage you will have, and how much you should strip in allotted time and distance. Rocket Science! I dont miss all that mess! I must be too old school. randyp