looking for a classic mack to restore

Get involved with a local chapter of ATCA or ATHS. Most members have an inkling of when a rig is going to be sold or of an owner who would sell if asked. My experience is that collectors are interested in seeing that their rigs and projects go to another collector and they will sell to them. They don't like to advertise since they don't want the rig exported or cut up.

Go to the national and local truck shows. There are always rigs for sale there.

The other absolute about finding something you want is to be relentless about following up on sources. Check EBay and the Truck Paper regularly. Check the classifieds here daily. Remember the four D's of why folks sell: Death, Divorce, Debt, & Disease.

Keep an eye on the local auction sites. The auction site AuctionZip serves as a locater for auctions. Subscribe to any auctioneer's site that seems to sell a lot of trucks. i.e. Roy Teitsworth in suburban NY.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Get involved with a local chapter of ATCA or ATHS. Most members have an inkling of when a rig is going to be sold or of an owner who would sell if asked. My experience is that collectors are interested in seeing that their rigs and projects go to another collector and they will sell to them. They don't like to advertise since they don't want the rig exported or cut up.

The other absolute about finding something you want is to be relentless about following up on sources. Check EBay and the Truck Paper regularly. Check the classifieds here daily. Remember the four D's of why folks sell: Death, Divorce, Debt, & Disease.

Keep an eye on the local auction sites. The auction site AuctionZip serves as a locater for auctions. Subscribe to any auctioneer's site that seems to sell a lot of trucks. i.e. Roy Teitsworth in suburban NY.

X2 and also check Craigslist. I use www.allcraigslist.com but there are other search sites. Good luck!!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

How about "Denutted"?

• Like 1

Hi, if you want a B61LT, there might be one not too far from you. Last year I talked with a guy named Pete (forget his last name) with a single axle LT, 711 engine, with a triplex and a really beat-up dump body. He was up near Burlington Vt. At the time he wanted about $8,000, but if you look in the For Sale part of this web site, way down near the bottom, you'll see that he was offering it for $6,500 not too long ago. Don't know if it's still available. As he described it to me and from the pictures he sent, the truck was originally a road tractor and still had the air lines tucked up behind the cab. It looked to be in pretty decent shape, had a leak in the right fuel tank if I recall, but not bad overall. It was a little pricey and way too far away for me to go look at it, which is why I passed on it.

The number for Pete I had is 802-434-7054.

Jay