Work In Progress

Trent, we should've sent you some rubber stuff to put in those rails...They don't come with them, but we usually sell them with the rails...we must have overlooked them on your order! You may be able to get some from a auto glass place or I can send you a couple feet to get it done! Let me know...Barry

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

thanks for the kind words everyone. its been a long 3 years working on her. The job and no funds gets in the way real quick... its been great learning with it so I hope it will come out looking good

Barry I will check my local window repair man if he has any..if not I will let you know

Thanks again

Trent

Very nice, hope my A comes out half that good. What kind of paint did you use, and did you have to do a wet sand on it to get that great shine? :D Keep up the good work.

Oh I should add I did get a floor in mine last weekend, so I am making some progress but I have the same time problems that you mentioned :( But with out the job theres no money to play with :rolleyes:

On both my trucks I used PPG DCC single stage then used PPG clear coat to get the deep shine.

I did wet sand the B model and buffed it with rubbing compound then had my friend wax it.

I did all the body work on the B and painted about 40% of her, then my friend took over to smooth out any mistakes I made... :lol:

If you saw my RS at Auburn it had lots of oarnge peal and a few runs in the clear coat. thats what the B model looked like before we wet sanded it. I am no expert at painting and had lots of help from friends who work in auto body.

I'm no expert either, I can make an old Farmall look good with a few coats of enamal, but I think I'll be considering somthing a little better for the mack. I'll definatly do the work myself, I dont want it to be so nice that I am afraid to hitch up a flat bed and haul a few old tractors to the local shows.

If she looks good going down the road I can live with a few little in perfections up close, but perfect would be nice also :P