What Makes Detroits Run Away? Serious Question.

umodelnut

I guess I have a soft spot for the 237 Maxidyne. I was running a GMC Astro with a 8V-92 in it from coast to coast. I rolled it in Montana with a load of apples. When the dust settled the only truck I could afford was a R-Model Mack single axle with a Dynatard. I put a $50.00 tag axle on it and a 24" sleeper and went back running the West Coast with it. It helped me get out of a bad financial situation and get financially stable again. I remember the scale man in Montana pulling me around back,I asked what is wrong,he said nothing he just wanted to see what kind of man would drive a truck like that coast to coast. I told him a poor one.That R-Model is still around today they made a roll off out of it.Joe D.

The girl sitting on my lap said cool story.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

I guess I have a soft spot for the 237 Maxidyne. I was running a GMC Astro with a 8V-92 in it from coast to coast. I rolled it in Montana with a load of apples. When the dust settled the only truck I could afford was a R-Model Mack single axle with a Dynatard. I put a $50.00 tag axle on it and a 24" sleeper and went back running the West Coast with it. It helped me get out of a bad financial situation and get financially stable again. I remember the scale man in Montana pulling me around back,I asked what is wrong,he said nothing he just wanted to see what kind of man would drive a truck like that coast to coast. I told him a poor one.That R-Model is still around today they made a roll off out of it.Joe D.

Thats awesome. My Faaaaaavvvvorite motor of all time would be a ENDT675 237 Maxidyne.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg