Actual B-61 Weight?

I know this question has been asked before but looking through the forums it doesn't look like anybody ever got an actual weight. Anybody have a actual weight of a b61 single axle tractor or chasis? The reason I ask is, I have been itching to get a b-61 project truck. I have a 12k deckover dovetail bumperpull trailer that I pull with a f350 and I'm wondering if it would be good enough to carry a b61 single axle tractor,or maybe just a cab-chasis without 5th wheel. Anybody use a simular setup?

Edited by fire4t3

I know this question has been asked before but looking through the forums it doesn't look like anybody ever got an actual weight. Anybody have a actual weight of a b61 single axle tractor or chasis? The reason I ask is, I have been itching to get a b-61 project truck. I have a 12k deckover dovetail bumperpull trailer that I pull with a f350 and I'm wondering if it would be good enough to carry a b61 single axle tractor,or maybe just a cab-chasis without 5th wheel. Anybody use a simular setup?

For what its worth, my B61X (11:00R x 24, ENDT 675, Duplex, 29,000lb rear, 6/8 yard Galion 10' Dump (300U)) weighs in at 17,800 with about 40 gals. of fuel. I would guess the body and hoist is around 3000/4000?

I would presume that your 12k trailer would handle it OK, if it is long enough to the tractor on. Watch out for front overhang getting into your tailgate. Just be sure you have good synthetic grease in the wheel bearings and the heaviest load range tires you can find to fit and properly inflated. Your F350 will do the job fine. My F250 with a heavy 32ft enclosed gooseneck and Diamond T pick up grosses right at 20,000 and handles like a baby carriage. From South Carolina up 77, 81 and 84 to Springfield with cruise set at 68-70 MPH got 10.8 MPG overall.

Brocky

Brocky

I would presume that your 12k trailer would handle it OK, if it is long enough to the tractor on. Watch out for front overhang getting into your tailgate. Just be sure you have good synthetic grease in the wheel bearings and the heaviest load range tires you can find to fit and properly inflated. Your F350 will do the job fine. My F250 with a heavy 32ft enclosed gooseneck and Diamond T pick up grosses right at 20,000 and handles like a baby carriage. From South Carolina up 77, 81 and 84 to Springfield with cruise set at 68-70 MPH got 10.8 MPG overall.

Brocky

Brocky-so what do you have for a motor in your 250. By the way-sorry I didn't get to meet you at the show. I stopped at the ATHS web booth on Sunday and they gave me a window sign with my "handle". They should have been passing those out at registration. I did get to meet Maddog-he was parked in the row in back of me.

Brocky, were you at the Macungie show, if so I think Myself and my wife were talking to you in the parking area when you were walking back to your diamond t pick-up. You mentioned that ur daughter lived in PA and you were from SC. Small world, we had the 3 kids, we were in front of my f350 and my wife offered u a cold beverage, it was hot that day.

Thank you guys for the responses. I have been toying with the idea of getting a mack b for about the last 4 years. I'm usually the most pumped after the macungie show. I don't have a barn or shop to be able work on a truck indoors yet but hoping to have one up by end of this summer, so this may be the year I actually pull the trigger and get a "B".

Fire4t3

Yes, I was at Macungie. Am 6'4" 250 with yellow tint glasses and depending on which day a Brockway or HVTA shirt.

Think I remember you, out by the transport parking?? Talked with so many people and am lousy remembering names!!

Brocky

Brocky