John Deere R model tractor with cab - STYLIN'!

Olivetroad

I sure like the Oliver 70!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Needs some work but solid

I wonder if it is really a John Deere cab, I bet it is a aftermarket thing. If it is a John Deere cab, that thing is worth some funds even with the pony motor not working.

Did you read where he said the pony motor should run if you "Romance" it a little? That is going to be my new saying for a few days.

• Like 1

Did you read where he said the pony motor should run if you "Romance" it a little? That is going to be my new saying for a few days.

I would first find out what that means in "Iowan". You may have to start with flowers and chocolates.

Jim

I would first find out what that means in "Iowan". You may have to start with flowers and chocolates.

looks like it would be fun to play with,,,,buts its part of the tits,,,and tires thing,,,so get ready to unload some $$$$$$.lololololololbob

I was thinking the same thing. Actually, now that I think about it, I was trying to romance some trailer lights on a trailer I bought tonight. -Brad

• 4 weeks later...

Love those old 2-cyl diesels, go ahead and drop 4 plow bottoms in third gear into some wet soil and listen to that ol' girl "BARK" ( but never stall ) !!!!!

I see he has an 830 John Deere too- nice looking tractor! Back when they used to have the Stonewall Antique Power Show in Stonewall, Va. they had an antique tractor pull on Sunday afternoon.

Tractors had to be 1959 or older I think, no super hot rod types, but they could be modified some. A Super M and an 830 both made a full pull in the heaviest class. Added more weight to the sled,both made another full pull.

Added all the weight they had, and both made a full pull. Ended up with about 7 or 8 guys getting into the box on the sled for more weight, and that 830 finally won it. Best tractor pull I ever watched.

Funniest thing about it was when the sled came unhooked from the 830 and the man driving it kept on down the track, never looking back. People were hollering and waving, he was waving back, probably thinking "the ol' JD is really gittin' 'er done today!" That thing was so strong the tone of the engine hardly changed anyway, and he was almost to the end when he finally looked back and saw the sled still sitting about 10 feet from the starting line.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.