Double steer grocery getter

I did see that. Would'nt that be fun to take around to shows.

All I keep thinking is that I am glad I don't have to put tires on that

Agreed! I bought a real nice (is there such a thing?) 1996 Ford concrete truck last week and I had to buy a set of 425's for the steer axle just to get it home. If the rears had needed tires, it would have cost more than the truck did! Tires are getting to be the deciding factor of when several of the concrete companies around here decide to get rid of their older trucks.

The looks cared for. I always on anything with a winch, look to see how the cable is spooled up. Spooled up with out twists and loose shows me the owner takes care of what makes money.

I ordered four 8.00 x 40 and two 6.75 x 38 for my AC and went numb for the cost, equal to the 10 Michelins I put on my Marmon!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Agreed! I bought a real nice (is there such a thing?) 1996 Ford concrete truck last week and I had to buy a set of 425's for the steer axle just to get it home. If the rears had needed tires, it would have cost more than the truck did! Tires are getting to be the deciding factor of when several of the concrete companies around here decide to get rid of their older trucks.

We looked at that when buying the mixers for our plant. Those 425's are not cheap. Is your Ford a Louisville? I don't think those are the worst kind of truck to have. What type of mixer is on it? - Brad

We looked at that when buying the mixers for our plant. Those 425's are not cheap. Is your Ford a Louisville? I don't think those are the worst kind of truck to have. What type of mixer is on it? - Brad

It is a Louisville, I have to check when the title comes, but it looks like a 96/97 ish year, deep frame, 165,000 miles with one driver, Rex mixer with front pump, no booster axle, 8.3 cummins factory replaced 40,000 miles ago, 13 speed, double locking rears, very straight and clean, rear tires just okay - say 30%. Does that read like a used car salesman would type it? I did not think to check what size mixer it is.

I buy these from a local company that maintain everything at the dealership. They also have four or five larger mixers on IHC paystars they want to sell me once they wear the tires down - I never get a break.

My big idea was to find a used Jerrdann or similar machinery rollback bed to install on one, but I have not found a bed, and I would rather spend the time on a Mack. I have found that these trucks are in good enough shape to sell to other concrete companies with the mixer intact.

I sold three of them last year to feed/fertilizer companies that use the mixers stationary.

It is a Louisville, I have to check when the title comes, but it looks like a 96/97 ish year, deep frame, 165,000 miles with one driver, Rex mixer with front pump, no booster axle, 8.3 cummins factory replaced 40,000 miles ago, 13 speed, double locking rears, very straight and clean, rear tires just okay - say 30%. Does that read like a used car salesman would type it? I did not think to check what size mixer it is.

I buy these from a local company that maintain everything at the dealership. They also have four or five larger mixers on IHC paystars they want to sell me once they wear the tires down - I never get a break.

My big idea was to find a used Jerrdann or similar machinery rollback bed to install on one, but I have not found a bed, and I would rather spend the time on a Mack. I have found that these trucks are in good enough shape to sell to other concrete companies with the mixer intact.

I sold three of them last year to feed/fertilizer companies that use the mixers stationary.

"That's right boys, this here mixer has only ever been run on days that end in Y. It can and will mix up anything that you put in it. ". I think you should add that to your sales speech. -Brad

"That's right boys, this here mixer has only ever been run on days that end in Y. It can and will mix up anything that you put in it. ". I think you should add that to your sales speech. -Brad

I left out the part about the single driver being a little ol' lady that only drove it to church and back on Sunday, and only used the mixer to work the lard into her biscuit dough..............

I sold it this morning! Sometimes it is not bad being awakened at 4:30 with a crying baby.

I like to buy and sell stuff. My wife says I sound like a different person when I am putting my "pitch" on. - Brad

Ha! That concrete mixer sold so fast that the blushing bride told me at lunch: "so when are you going to buy those other four mixer trucks?"

Glad to hear it moved quickly.

I got a buddy who buys/sells stuff constantly. Bought a early 90's Dodge pickup, 318/auto/air, etc. Low mileage, was going to keep it for his young son for when he gets his license. It was sold that night, on the way home. Made an easy $1K.................WTF??(I couldn't give water to a camel, just pisses me off). His shit does smell like roses LOL!!!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Glad to hear it moved quickly.

I got a buddy who buys/sells stuff constantly. Bought a early 90's Dodge pickup, 318/auto/air, etc. Low mileage, was going to keep it for his young son for when he gets his license. It was sold that night, on the way home. Made an easy $1K.................WTF??(I couldn't give water to a camel, just pisses me off). His shit does smell like roses LOL!!!!

I thank God every day for somehow helping me sell things. I like to think that I am a farmer, but my accountant says to stick to equipment sales.

My dad could never buy or sell anything to his advantage, I have no idea why. He used to say that when he had me, I fell into a septic tank and came out smelling like a rose with a new born calf under each arm!