Welding rod oven:

Rob

I'm looking for an electric welding rod oven of about 10-20 pounds. Anybody got one they don't need any longer cheap?

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

We use a old refrige (older the better lol), ripped the motor and cooling guts out of it. We keep our rods in it year around, just keep a 40-60 watt light bulb burning in the bottom of it and it keeps them nice and warm. Mabe you could use a old small dorm room fridge or freezer to do the same, if you only have a small amount of rods to keep warm. You should keep rods warm and dry all the time to prevent corosion and problems with the flux.

In the past I have used an old refrigerator! Just need a light bulb burning all the time to keep moisture at bay...even one of those little dorm room refers works well...but knowing the man with ALL required top of the line tools, you probably are looking for a professional model super duper rod oven like these...

1126_500c_Oven_DV_03.jpg10187777-186988145998623b.jpg80276.jpg

I have an old International Harvester refrigerator I use for this in the shop. I'm actually wanting one to carry on the truck. 7018, 8018, and the 110 series rods really weld nice if they are a couple hundred degrees before you strike the arc.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I have a mid size fridge in the shop with a heater/dehumidifier from a gun safe in it. The sticks I use on site, I keep in a metal tube with a cap and put them on the trucks exhaust manifold to the job site. I made a bracket and use a CV boot clamp to hold it on. Keeps them around 150 to 200 degrees. I used a lot of high nickel content rods for cast iron that way. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE