VIN decoded please?

I looked at a R770 after church this morning. I know that it has been updated as far as motor and rears/susp. What I am wondering is, what did it leave that factory with as far as a motor. The VIN is R770ST1128. Thanks, Brad

Was this truck painted blue,Brad? Originally MACK Green ,maybe? :whistling:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Jim has had that truck on the road for many years,as you know.When I started in '86 it still had the Detriot in it.He since put a 350 Mack in it,went from camelback to taper leaf to air ride.I would not be afraid of that truck at all.It was always kind of different with the Detriot and that Roadway-style under the hood air cleaner.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

And if you don't wind up with it Brad, I might be able to make so room down here for it. By the way, is the loft still open in the barn? If I buy another truck, I'll need it.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

And if you don't wind up with it Brad, I might be able to make so room down here for it. By the way, is the loft still open in the barn? If I buy another truck, I'll need it.

Rob

I have come to the conclusion that I can not drive every sweet ass R-model I come across. I would like to try too. This truck has an EM-7 300hp, Fuller 13 speed, on Mack rears with the older hendrickson style air ride. It also has air ride cab. The real cool thing is that it is set up with an air start. Very un molested truck. I also like the fact that it is an 81' year model, because I am also an 81' year model. I did noy talk to the gentleman that owns it, and he does not have his number on the for sale sign in the window. I do know that the truck was still on the road in March, because he was runnning the same route as we were at that time. -Brad

Rob

Rob, I forgot to mention that we could make room for you over here. Problem is, we would put you to work. -Brad

I have come to the conclusion that I can not drive every sweet ass R-model I come across. I would like to try too. This truck has an EM-7 300hp, Fuller 13 speed, on Mack rears with the older hendrickson style air ride. It also has air ride cab. The real cool thing is that it is set up with an air start. Very un molested truck. I also like the fact that it is an 81' year model, because I am also an 81' year model. I did noy talk to the gentleman that owns it, and he does not have his number on the for sale sign in the window. I do know that the truck was still on the road in March, because he was runnning the same route as we were at that time. -Brad

Well, I'm prolly at that point too but in all honesty, (if possible) I still enjoy looking in my shop and see a bunch of long nose R models. They really don't even need to run, (they do) it's just something to talk about with the visitors which continue to be many.

I'll be up in Elgin for more training in the next couple of weeks and will stop by.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob, I forgot to mention that we could make room for you over here. Problem is, we would put you to work. -Brad

Think I still know how to paint......

Maybe learn a few new tricks also?

Been looking at transferring to either Elgin, or Aurora as secondary technical support within the next couple years. Too young to "throw in the towel" but am eligible to retire by then.

Rob

Hopefully you will get see the RS's mixing concrete when you come by. -Brad

I put the scopes on the one back at the batch plant last week. Nice looking truck. Seen another over to the side which looked nice also. Didn't want to get out till I'd met up with you as didn't know if Jerred was there or not. Don't think anybody else knows me?

12 speed back together yet?

Rob

The 12 speed is coming together. Jared found a few more things that he needed. PAI has really come through on that project. -Brad

I get a lot from them too. More body and support than mechancal parts, but good to deal with.

Rob