Post Wildfire Fire Decission

41chevy

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a stump jumper?

8765tr.jpg

tgre-1.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

My wife and I have been debating on the building we lost in the Wild Fire and decided to "go the way of Rob". We got a pretty good check for the vehicles, contents and building. Since Manorville lost their Stump Jumper in the fire and had one firefighter burned and two others injured. We decided to repalce the building with a 10x10 shed and gave the balance towards Manorville replacing their Stump Jumper. Paul

That was a great thing to do. Hope to see you in rhinebeck

Had 2 in a row ,over 1700 acres gone , 9 buildings and 3 fire trucks. The last one was 1 mile from house. The guys worked their butts off on the first fire for 2 days straight over 100 fire deptments two Helis and the Air Rescue C130. They deserve a lot of thanks for their work....all volunteers too! Wish we could do more. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

They deserve it. I got to tell you that!! They drive those stump jumpers right into the fire and go to work. My grand son has a photo of his unit in the woods surrounded by fire pockets. I don't like fire, I'd rather do any thing but that. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Some people just deserve it more is all. My grand son took this before their unit on the way set up a fire break.

the second one is on scene when it jumped the road...THATS the reason I need to do this! More terrifing for me than my tour of Nam!!!

5rfdsa.jpg

imag54e.jpg

P.T.CHESHIRE

Ultra dry woods and a piece of broken glass acting like a magnifier lens on the first fire. The second was a person burning leaves. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE