Wanted: Vintage Oil Filter Radio

When I was a kid, my grandmother worked for a Mack dealer near Tampa, Florida. She gave me a radio that was made to look like an Oil Filter from a Mack Truck, complete with the Bulldog. The controls were on the bottom, I think, and the speaker was on the top. It was bronze or gold in color. I've attached a picture of one I missed on e-bay to help out.

post-11150-0-99956700-1333308454.jpgIf anyone knows where I could find one of these, please let me know. I have missed a couple on e-bay and at other auction sites, but have not given up. I am not a collector so I don't care if it has the box: I just want the working radio because of the memories involved.

If you find one, please e-mail me at fyredan@yahoo.com .

Thanks in advance!

--Fyredan

Edited by fyredan

When I was a kid, my grandmother worked for a Mack dealer near Tampa, Florida. She gave me a radio that was made to look like an Oil Filter from a Mack Truck, complete with the Bulldog. The controls were on the bottom, I think, and the speaker was on the top. It was bronze or gold in color. I've attached a picture of one I missed on e-bay to help out.

post-11150-0-99956700-1333308454.jpgIf anyone knows where I could find one of these, please let me know. I have missed a couple on e-bay and at other auction sites, but have not given up. I am not a collector so I don't care if it has the box: I just want the working radio because of the memories involved.

If you find one, please e-mail me at fyredan@yahoo.com .

Thanks in advance!

--Fyredan

Dang, sorry man ive never seen one, but those are awesome!!!! something ellse i will look for and colect.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Wish i had known,i had a whole case of those brand new a few years ago,i got them from Horner Mack,Vineland,NJ when they went out of business. Sold/traded all i had,only held on to one..............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Keep watching ebay, I have gathered up a few of the filters and batteries over the years. I have gifted the extras out to my Mack buds... Stick with it, you'll score one!

The tuner and volume were at the seam vertically on the filter cylinder. They were AM only and are a pretty cool collectible. The batteries are neat too, the posts are the volume and tuner.

post-91-0-51769700-1333321647_thumb.jpg

post-91-0-95585200-1333321655_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Keep watching ebay, I have gathered up a few of the filters and batteries over the years. I have gifted the extras out to my Mack buds... Stick with it, you'll score one!

The tuner and volume were at the seam vertically on the filter cylinder. They were AM only and are a pretty cool collectible. The batteries are neat too, the posts are the volume and tuner.

oh my god!!! I want a battery one too!!!

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

• 6 years later...