Today i went and looked at a couple of RS700Ls one is a 72? maybe (steel dash) the other is a 75, both have 325 V8s 5 speeds the older one has an old sleeper, page&page dial-a-ride, Mack 3.86 rears. was that susp. factory or did someone install it. the older one runs the other one doesnt, both are complete except the 75 rad and carriers are gone it has camelback. the cabs are shot but they have alum doors, didnt take my camera, he wants to sell both together talking $3500. is the page airride worth anything how common were they. Thanks Ron

• Like 1

Today i went and looked at a couple of RS700Ls one is a 72? maybe (steel dash) the other is a 75, both have 325 V8s 5 speeds the older one has an old sleeper, page&page dial-a-ride, Mack 3.86 rears. was that susp. factory or did someone install it. the older one runs the other one doesnt, both are complete except the 75 rad and carriers are gone it has camelback. the cabs are shot but they have alum doors, didnt take my camera, he wants to sell both together talking $3500. is the page airride worth anything how common were they. Thanks Ron

Ron, My RL700 has a P&P from factory, 4.5 Mack rears The truck is a 1971 with the steel dash, an V12-71, mine looks like a cross between a Timken & a Hendreckson sup.

BULLHUSK

Mack offered page&page suspension as an option,so I'd bet it was factory.I've got 3 Macks with factory p&p,but they are the 60/40 suspension,not the dial a ride.I wouldn't say it was worth anything,other than it would be a conversation piece since it was such a rarely ordered option.

Mike Thats kinda what i thought conversation piece, doesnt reaily look like it would ride that good. does anyone know what time frame the dial-a-ride were built, and when did Mack quit useing them. i am still debating wether or not i really need a V8. in the jan-feb,issue of weels of time there is a picture of one. it is sad the price of scrap is way up so if you want them you have to give one hellava price to save them. Ron

Ron, My RL700 has a P&P from factory, 4.5 Mack rears The truck is a 1971 with the steel dash, an V12-71, mine looks like a cross between a Timken & a Hendreckson sup.

BULLHUSK

Bullhusk is yours the dial-a-ride or just the springride dose it ride desent. what year was the last year for the steel dash i have a 72 that has it, thought 72 was the last year for it. Thanks Ron

I think the steel dashes were used until stock was depleted. I remember a 1973 R600 with one when new.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

i thought in 73 they switched to the tan plastic stuff. my 73 replacment cab has tan. my 75 cab does too.

You are correct but they build with what they have until stock is depleted. This does not count the parts and cabs in the replacement channels.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Alot depends on when they were sold,a '72 might have been sold and titled in '73.They didn't do it like now,titling as 2012 when still 2011.

Thats what i was thinking,my CX was built/ordered in 2000,but is titled as a 2001............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Bullhusk is yours the dial-a-ride or just the springride dose it ride desent. what year was the last year for the steel dash i have a 72 that has it, thought 72 was the last year for it. Thanks Ron

Ron,

I don't think my P&P is a dial a ride, it does have a spring like a hendrickson but upside-down, and a trunnion bar in the center like the old Timken's that you would see on the older A-Car's. As for when they stoped using the steel cabs? thats hard to say, my Mack is a 71, but I have seen 73-U mod's with steel dashs, so I guess if you wanted the old style back then and if they had them you could order as an option.

BULLHUSK