1971 Mack R685ST

Got notified yesterday that I was high bidder on this little R model that a neighboring county had retired from lowboy service.Nothing fancy,just a super clean,super straight old R model work truck.Pretty dusty from being inside,but paint looks good enough to stay,just need to paint frame and wheels,and hunt up a chrome stack.post-61-0-51530600-1329499525_thumb.jpgpost-61-0-88465100-1329499494_thumb.jpgpost-61-0-37801800-1329499559_thumb.jpgpost-61-0-58385300-1329499598_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

It nice to see that's not only in great shape, but it looks all original too.

I like that shade of green on the older cabs. Was that the standard color for that year? From what I remember, most of the R,F,U and DM models had that brighter green while this color wasn't nearly as common.

Jim

It nice to see that's not only in great shape, but it looks all original too.

I like that shade of green on the older cabs. Was that the standard color for that year? From what I remember, most of the R,F,U and DM models had that brighter green while this color wasn't nearly as common.

far as i know..66-67 had lighter green,,,68-72 darker,green,,,also the steering wheels were darker,,and thicker,,,and had a really cool steel horn cap,,used to be a dealer item,,,of coarse that was quite a while ago.lol...i bought one once to replace a worn out one,,,brand new in the box,,,.lol..i see the stop,and throttle cables look good ...bob