How Many Rpm?

fullfuel01

The first Kenworth and the Pete both were Cummins powered and man they had some serious power. The first k100 was wicked, all the dirt flying up from the plow was amazing. I havent seen many Mack v8 pullers on youtube but there are a few including a Renault Magnum with an E9 (although the European pulling looks weak compared to the USA).

I really want to hear some strait piped E9's or 864/5/6's doing regular work under load. Plenty of Scania guys showing off their V8 sound, we need some Mack thunder too. Anyone with a V8 Mack, strait pipes and a video camera should make a youtube video.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

There was a v12 detroit puller called Big Red Express from Canada, supposedly had the engine running over 5000rpm.

Just listen to thing thing:

You can actually see the crazy intake system for the turbos, sweet setup.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

• 4 months later...

There's some good truck drag racing videos at www.thedieselgypsy.com-trucks pulling equal loads of lumber up a hill side by side,only there's no sound.I saw at least one Superliner on there.Just go to item 14,where it says "complete trip now ready...",the videos are on page 9.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 2 months later...
The first Kenworth and the Pete both were Cummins powered and man they had some serious power. The first k100 was wicked, all the dirt flying up from the plow was amazing. I havent seen many Mack v8 pullers on youtube but there are a few including a Renault Magnum with an E9 (although the European pulling looks weak compared to the USA).

I really want to hear some strait piped E9's or 864/5/6's doing regular work under load. Plenty of Scania guys showing off their V8 sound, we need some Mack thunder too. Anyone with a V8 Mack, strait pipes and a video camera should make a youtube video.

Yeah,there's no sound like a v8 Mack with a straight pipe-when I was hauling wood chips to Covington,Va. an owner operator had an F-model with a v8 and a short stack,just a little higher than the cab,and i'd roll my window down every time he passed me-which would be whenever he caught me.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I don't know how to make a You Tube video. If you can explain, I will do it if possible.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 3 months later...
any bet on what's the max RPM of the black cabover kenworth with the flames...

amazing sound of a Detroit!!!

I'm guessing around 2500 to 2700. sound quality is pretty poor on my pc. I used to build 8V92TTA's and marinise them for trawlers and big boats. Used to have a play on the run in dyno with them. They actually start to scream at about 2500. Wicked sound though. trick is don't do it for too long or it gets messy. :D