Took the dog for a walk today

daveigou

Ha!! That was the first thing I thought - those are some clean windows - do you make house calls?

Ha! thats funny! when i first bought my CX,i went to MATS in Louisville,wanted to talk to a Mack engineer in person,my problem was there is no good way to clean the windshield,no good place to stand. When i found the person i needed and explained what my compliant was he said "Mack does'nt want you climbing up on the frame,you could slip/fall an get hurt" so i said i guess when the glass becomes dirty,i should wheel into the closest dealer and have it cleaned (free of charge)? he was not amused! he then proceced to show me the "proper" way to clean the windshield without opening the hood,climbed up on the fairings,grabbed the mirror bracket,swung around rag/windex in hand,promptly lost his footing,ripped and split his slacks,exposing his BVD's..............still hard to clean the windows,but i still laugh when i think about that!.........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

No snow here! It was 50 and sunny today...went for an hour ride this morning....came back and put the second "modern" service chamber on the front rear, went for another ride...went "off roading" some of the back roads around here are gravel and packed dirt, didnt do it on purpose, but got back on the pavement (if you can call it that), nuthin bu pot holes! had to creep for a while! Even went through town, some Id-EE-ot wanted me to test my braking action, after she pulled "back" into her driveway, gave her a "WTF" look as I was grabbing gears to get back to speed! It was all fun though...sure would be nice to take it on on the freeway like Dave in his super superliner, but alas, 52 mph (dont like to push it hard) I might be a hazard to traffic!

Ha! thats funny! when i first bought my CX,i went to MATS in Louisville,wanted to talk to a Mack engineer in person,my problem was there is no good way to clean the windshield,no good place to stand. When i found the person i needed and explained what my compliant was he said "Mack does'nt want you climbing up on the frame,you could slip/fall an get hurt" so i said i guess when the glass becomes dirty,i should wheel into the closest dealer and have it cleaned (free of charge)? he was not amused! he then proceced to show me the "proper" way to clean the windshield without opening the hood,climbed up on the fairings,grabbed the mirror bracket,swung around rag/windex in hand,promptly lost his footing,ripped and split his slacks,exposing his BVD's..............still hard to clean the windows,but i still laugh when i think about that!.........................Mark

Did his slide rule fall out of his pocket protector when he fell? I guess you caught him didn't you and give him a kiss?

I was at a auction of a factory that closed and I bought a set of those roll around ladders/stairs like at a truck wash - best thing for washing windows. My trouble is they are always held hostage back in one corner of the shop where I can't get them out when needed.

I have seen some truckers carrying a step ladder behind the cab, in the vertical position, bungee cords holding them secure. I'll be glad when I can walk my dog again. Getting stir crazy here with good weather. Sure feels good to look across that long hood down the hwy.

mike

Moosejockey was the engineer on this trip, I got on his a*s to clean the windshield, he got the paint nearly wore thru, but is a little lax on the glass. We had a hot load of post holes to pick up for shipping wars, drove all the way to Harrisburg before we discovered that we forgot the trailer. We'll prolly get some negative feedback for that.

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

Moosejockey was the engineer on this trip, I got on his a*s to clean the windshield, he got the paint nearly wore thru, but is a little lax on the glass. We had a hot load of post holes to pick up for shipping wars, drove all the way to Harrisburg before we discovered that we forgot the trailer. We'll prolly get some negative feedback for that.

Were they left or right handed post holes?

My window isnt in the same league as Dave's, but the sound of the 675 with no muffler is so sweet, I would plumb it into the cab if I woulnd not suffocate! I have heard from some that they prefer the look of a single exhaust on a B, but I am going to run duals as soon as I build a nice custom frame mounted mounting system!

post-6773-0-08089500-1327893562_thumb.jp

One of the roads I "play" on has 6 single lane 90 degree blind curves! And a steep hill to climb! Loads of fun!

post-6773-0-17120600-1327893623_thumb.jp

I was gonna take my ole winch truck out for a ride today but when turning around in the back yard, promptly got stuck. That was the end of that idea and the truck still sits there. It is going to be nice the next few days so I'll let it dry up a bit and get out there again. That drop deck is a little heavy with all the crap I store on it.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

My window isnt in the same league as Dave's, but the sound of the 675 with no muffler is so sweet, I would plumb it into the cab if I woulnd not suffocate! I have heard from some that they prefer the look of a single exhaust on a B, but I am going to run duals as soon as I build a nice custom frame mounted mounting system!

post-6773-0-08089500-1327893562_thumb.jp

One of the roads I "play" on has 6 single lane 90 degree blind curves! And a steep hill to climb! Loads of fun!

post-6773-0-17120600-1327893623_thumb.jp

That's what it's all about. Can't see scenery like this anywhere. Lookin good!

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/