B61 Brake Spiders

BCT

HI everyone... Great website!!!!

I'm trying to figure out everything i need to retrofit my B61 Tandem to spring brakes. After taking a few measurements i can see that there is no way newer brake chambers will fit. I read in another post that there is a way to change the brake spiders out with ones from an R model that would allow for enough room to mount the brake chambers. Does anyone have anymore information on this? or possibly some part numbers? Any help is greatly appreciated. - Thanks

I was able to find a person that had several trucks that he had bought for parts and he let me have the spiders cheap when I started taking the Wedge breakes off the C model I have. I know that it a problem trying to get the canesters clear from the drums etc I had to rotate the spiders to get them where they would work. I am not completely happy with where they would work but I am getting them all put back together any way. I need to get it done I have to move the truck asap the building is up for sale and the roof has fallen in due to heavy snow a few years back. I had to rebuild every thing that I got from him but I was able to get the old parts so I would know what I needed. You can get most of the parts new still if you know the numbers you need. That is once you get the right spiders.

Bob Gil

bobgil at sbcglobal.net

Edited by bobgil

Bob Gil

If it an't a Mack could it really be a truck???

No I can't say I ever knew. I just found some axles that the man had that had the same hole pattern on the axle end and went from there.

If I am not mistaken you can find S cam shafts that are different lenghts for diferent axle ends if you have problems with clearnce of any thing.

You can call me if you would like.

eight one seven four eight zero seven one five eight?

Bob Gil

Bob Gil

If it an't a Mack could it really be a truck???

• 5 years later...
On 3/4/2017 at 10:58 PM, FarmEnterprises said:

Were your old spiders cracked or broken?  I'm looking for a 11QD565A or 11QD566A and these are aluminum spiders. Note: I would take steel if I could find the correct part numbers? Here is a picture...

image.jpeg

Spiders in the kitchen...!

• Like 1

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.