Jason's '59 B61 resto thread

I always keep them around to slap them on if you get to doing a lot of dirty body work or especially for welding on the truck. I like having some "sacrificial" wheels/tires around that you don't have to mask off or worry about burning, especially if you may have to move it out of the way before you finish so something more pressing can take its place until another time.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my packet from the museum last night.. Lots of great info and the manual will be a huge help.

The truck was built in Dec of '58 as one of five trucks ordered by Dohrn Transfer Co of Rockford Illinios. There wasn't any more info past that on other owners. I called Dohrn which is still in business and got an email address of the fleet manager. Hoping to find out how long they had it, if there's any record of miles, an engine or trans rebuild, or anything else interesting they can tell me.

From what I can tell from the line sheet, it was a fairly basic "contour cab" model, but has a dual reduction rear end with 4.66 gears, larger alum step fuel tanks (55 and 70 gallon) and was ordered without the pass side seat. Also the yellow thats coming through the crappy red paint was the original color as ordered, so its only been painted once.

Jason

-Jason-

1959 Mack B61T single axle short wheel base, concave cab. 673 diesel, duplex trans. Running but under contruction!

Got my packet from the museum last night.. Lots of great info and the manual will be a huge help.

The truck was built in Dec of '58 as one of five trucks ordered by Dohrn Transfer Co of Rockford Illinios. There wasn't any more info past that on other owners. I called Dohrn which is still in business and got an email address of the fleet manager. Hoping to find out how long they had it, if there's any record of miles, an engine or trans rebuild, or anything else interesting they can tell me.

From what I can tell from the line sheet, it was a fairly basic "contour cab" model, but has a dual reduction rear end with 4.66 gears, larger alum step fuel tanks (55 and 70 gallon) and was ordered without the pass side seat. Also the yellow thats coming through the crappy red paint was the original color as ordered, so its only been painted once.

Jason

I remember them as a kid when we were in Illinois, and after we moved to Springfield, IL from St. Louis. They had both yellow, and red B models. I can't say I remember any contour cabs however but prolly never paid much attention.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I have a C-609 the was originally a Dohrn tractor.

Ha too cool.

Waiting to hear back from them to see if they have any info on their past fleet of trucks. Pretty doubtful but worth a try.

Jason

-Jason-

1959 Mack B61T single axle short wheel base, concave cab. 673 diesel, duplex trans. Running but under contruction!