From a simpler time:

Rob

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah!! Canny's Trucking & Penn Yan's Brockways!! What A Time It Was!!

BULLHUSK

was wondering if you remember shawmutt,,they had those beautiful green brockways,,my dads friend drove for them,,we used to meet up at secondi bros,,back when i was i teenager,and my dad would sneek me aboard alotta times on a friday night,,,boy what a ball i used to have.bob

Holy shit! secondi brothers? been a long time since i heard anybody mention that place! remember the diner next door? gone now (pilot now) the big KW dealer out back? (gone too) place is still a shithole,but still open! LOL!...................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Mark,

How about Bilkays/Jersey Coast Trucking originally from Nwk. then moved to Eliz NJ, U.S Trucking NYC, McLeans (Sea-land orig. name was Pan-Atlantic started by Malcolm McLean), Mason-Dixon Lines, Oneida, MTS Bulk carriers, Cement Express, Johnson Motor Lines (had those Emeryville corn binders), Maislin, Midwest Emery, Monfort, J-Lines, Ringsby Systems, Camel Express, Hermen Bros,

BULLHUSK..... PS Thers a Johnny Cash song out there, where he names all of the trucking co!! I can't remember the name.. I've been everwhere man maybe???

Yup, Ernie remember all those carriers,what was the one (not even sure if they were outta Jersey) i got no idea how to spell it HMIELELESKI ??????? something like that,they ran red single axle Brockway 359's had a terminal down around woodbridge?,near where the old eastern express terminal was before it burnt down?....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

was wondering if you remember shawmutt,,they had those beautiful green brockways,,my dads friend drove for them,,we used to meet up at secondi bros,,back when i was i teenager,and my dad would sneek me aboard alotta times on a friday night,,,boy what a ball i used to have.bob

Wern't they up in Shuu-staa MA??

Ernie DS

Wern't they up in Shuu-staa MA??

Ernie DS

you know,,,i dont know,,,coulda been,,,we were all outa boston,runnin down into brooklyn,and kearny,so that could be,,,and i like your pronounciation.lol...out here they would probably use a couple more RRRRRR,,,sss.lol..shit that was 40 yrs ago when we used to meet up....boy it sure is a whole differant program nowadays,,,i passed by that truckstop just a couple years ago,,and it still said secondi on it i think.buncha wierdo,s hanging around there now with swimming trunks,and flipflops...lol.bob

thats funny shit,,,i know what you mean,,they used to be all made here,,,now its china shoes,,or go barefoot,,,sucks man,,,i want some more thom mcann,knappe, striderite,keds,kinney,pf flyers,even georgia boot,,and harley boots,,are imports now...boy,,dont that make ya feel proud to be american.lol.bob

speaking of barefoot- when I was a young'un my brother and I would go barefooted from about April until school started in September. Not because we didn't have shoes, we wanted to go barefooted. Our feets would get so tough on the bottom we could go anywhere barefooted, in the woods, across gravel, on a hot tar road, through the briar patch, didn't matter. Now I can't step off the porch barefoot.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

If you want to hear No Easy Run Trucker go to youtube and punch it in. Great song originally by dave Dudley I think and then Johnny Cash. I like both versions. Lots of good old time trucker songs on Youtube. Joe D.

thanks man ill check it out,,,i really enjoy those,,,bob

speaking of barefoot- when I was a young'un my brother and I would go barefooted from about April until school started in September. Not because we didn't have shoes, we wanted to go barefooted. Our feets would get so tough on the bottom we could go anywhere barefooted, in the woods, across gravel, on a hot tar road, through the briar patch, didn't matter. Now I can't step off the porch barefoot.

hahaha,,you know ive never been a barefoot type,,,my wife could go the rest of her life that way,,i cant stand it,at all..lol...welcome home tom,,,and enjoy your weekend.bob

hahaha,,you know ive never been a barefoot type,,,my wife could go the rest of her life that way,,i cant stand it,at all..lol...welcome home tom,,,and enjoy your weekend.bob

thanks Bob- been a helluva week!..that's a good title-helluva week.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

My boy when little always went without shoes. One day he went running across "Piles Valley", (otherwise known as our back yard) to meet up with his friends next block over. When he, (while not looking) stepped into a large and fresh lump of dogshit extruding this freshness through the spaces between his toes, he immediately changed his train of thought, and headed for the hose. Well this became a bit of fun for me mocking and making fun of him until "Momma" heard me. Now all I can say is it was still worth the pain.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 11 years later...
On 1/10/2012 at 10:36 PM, bullhusk said:

Mark,

How about Bilkays/Jersey Coast Trucking originally from Nwk. then moved to Eliz NJ, U.S Trucking NYC, McLeans (Sea-land orig. name was Pan-Atlantic started by Malcolm McLean), Mason-Dixon Lines, Oneida, MTS Bulk carriers, Cement Express, Johnson Motor Lines (had those Emeryville corn binders), Maislin, Midwest Emery, Monfort, J-Lines, Ringsby Systems, Camel Express, Hermen Bros,

BULLHUSK..... PS Thers a Johnny Cash song out there, where he names all of the trucking co!! I can't remember the name.. I've been everwhere man maybe???

Yep. That's the title.