Hey Rob...If the concave cabs were built to move the trailer up close to the cab to reduce overall length, why would they build a tandem one?

All the B67ST series trucks I've seen and been around had a sliding 5th wheel. Most of the single axle B67T's did not. This is just an observation I've noticed. This tractor will carry legally as much as a tandem B61. The concave cab was brought out to allow the then new 35 ft. square nose semi trailers to be pulled and stay within the 50 ft. total overall length limits at the time.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I always thought the same about tandem axle U models.

It may have been but those DM, and U series trucks were much easier to see out of on a dock delivery or dumping spot.

Never had one myself and really don't think I will. I do remember them well in the St. Louis area as a kid.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I think its a truck worth saving,but personally i'd pass on it,the standard B-model cab is small enough,but the concave cab is even smaller! not at all suited for a fatass such as myself!...........Mark

LOL I have a similar problem with my B model Mark. I am 6' 3" and weigh 275 so its pretty hard to fold up a tall fat guy into that short little cab with no leg room. Did anyone notice that trunk in the front of that B67? Kinda looked like it was a factory accessory maybe since it seemed to fit perfectly under the passenger side dash. Was it an early over night truck for clothing or something?

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

LOL I have a similar problem with my B model Mark. I am 6' 3" and weigh 275 so its pretty hard to fold up a tall fat guy into that short little cab with no leg room. Did anyone notice that trunk in the front of that B67? Kinda looked like it was a factory accessory maybe since it seemed to fit perfectly under the passenger side dash. Was it an early over night truck for clothing or something?

No, that is the "customized" engine cover that is original to the truck. The strap you see is original but they were plain and dashboard color in appearance. Somebody has "dolled" this one up.

Rob

I think the truck came from up north and when they sent it down south, they sent a Carpet Bagger with it.

It was the custom dog house cover that made me want it.

But did it make you start dripping? If not, you didn't want it bad enough.

Rob

Yup,think "doghouse" like on a cabover,back end of the engine stuffed up under the dash! if you look at the close-up picture of the dash,looks like some "shadetree mechanic" glued some indoor/outdoor carpet over it,maybe to help save some busted up knees!.............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I almost think this truck is a "kissing cousin" to my B67. It has the same tires on the rt. rear mine did, is identified on the air cleaner like mine is, and has the same paint scheme including the red bumper, and shutters with black hubs. Mine is a tandem and this is not. The do have the same 5th wheel also. Mine was purchased new by J&L Steel out of Chicago. They owned it till 1967 when it was sold to the gent that gave it to me.

Rob