And the flange area between the fenders and headlamp panels. Once welded together like stated, they are impossible to take apart without a lot of rework.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yup,once the fenders are welded to the headlight panels,they are pretty much junk! i used to see this repair quite a bit in the late seventies when you still saw a lot of B's running the road,never thought it was a very good idea myself.........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Yup,once the fenders are welded to the headlight panels,they are pretty much junk! i used to see this repair quite a bit in the late seventies when you still saw a lot of B's running the road,never thought it was a very good idea myself.........................Mark

Yup, the best thing to do there is grind out the filler, strike a straight parting line, then use a slice disc, (5/32nds) to cut them apart. Now me being the lazy SOB I am, run down the seam with a plasma torch. The result is the same, you still need to make both mating flanges and weld them to the edges of the remaining fenders, and headlamp panels.

These areas rusted badly due to wheel splash and grime packup.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Ive contected the guy twice, id try tobuy it if I can get some questions ansewered.

Gonna need a lot of work in that cab to reuse. The driver's side rocker where it joins into the "A" pillar is gone with this being a structural supporting member. The door perimeter is the strength to that cab and as shown is severely compromised. Not saying it cannot be repaired, but am saying it will not be cheap to work with this truck.

Rob

I think its a truck worth saving,but personally i'd pass on it,the standard B-model cab is small enough,but the concave cab is even smaller! not at all suited for a fatass such as myself!...........Mark

My B67 don't fit me well either but the daughter wants, so it will be kept. I even named it: Short Nosed Ugly Fucker, (SNUF). Gonna eventually be her horse trailer puller. It is currently a tandem but I have a nice 4.25 ratio single axle from my other B61 that will eventually go under it. Might even put it on air ride for her.

It runs 65mph w/5.77 rears now, so I can only imagine where it will go with the higher ratio.........

Rob

One of my fond memories of a B-67 was, back in 1969 being a 15 year genius (NOT!) my uncle Fred handed me a Westinghouse Air Brake foot valve to change!! It was a very cold day in Jan. of '69'......some times I still wake up in a cold sweat after reliving that NIGHTMARE!!!!!! every finger cut! hit my head on the bottom of the dash and steering column,getting those GOD awful screws out of the floor-boards and trying to get those air lines started!!! never ever again!!!

BULLHUSK

One of my fond memories of a B-67 was, back in 1969 being a 15 year genius (NOT!) my uncle Fred handed me a Westinghouse Air Brake foot valve to change!! It was a very cold day in Jan. of '69'......some times I still wake up in a cold sweat after reliving that NIGHTMARE!!!!!! every finger cut! hit my head on the bottom of the dash and steering column,getting those GOD awful screws out of the floor-boards and trying to get those air lines started!!! never ever again!!!

BULLHUSK

It is tight at best to work on under there. I was a LOT smaller when 15 than now so can only imagine what that job would entail to perform now. Think I'd just pick the cab off the chassis.

Rob

My B67 don't fit me well either but the daughter wants, so it will be kept. I even named it: Short Nosed Ugly Fucker, (SNUF). Gonna eventually be her horse trailer puller. It is currently a tandem but I have a nice 4.25 ratio single axle from my other B61 that will eventually go under it. Might even put it on air ride for her.

It runs 65mph w/5.77 rears now, so I can only imagine where it will go with the higher ratio.........

Rob

Hay rob do you have a picture of your b67?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

They are posted on here from late 09 to early 2010.

An older gent gave the truck to me suspecting I like older Mack trucks?

Rob

Im not a bigger guy.. yet. So id fit behind the wheel with no issues.

I noticed the floor and things you were talking about Rob , id have to get it around his opening bid, with is no reserve and noones bidding on. Id pay more in frieght than the truck but id be ok if I can get it cheap enough. Would go good with my short nose U609.

A few old ones of my junk.

The "custom" full fenders on the rear have been done away with.

Rob

post-78-0-71744000-1325011740_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-26772800-1325011742_thumb.jpg

post-78-0-70088500-1325011743_thumb.jpg

Your B 67 looks alot more tough than that one on ebay. I did get in contact with the owner.

If I remember correctly he is not very flexible on pricing.

I really like that truck but it's just too small for me inside. With my daughter wanting it I can justify it's existence. I may remove the back of the cab and install a standard back panel, but don't know for certain yet. Kinda depends on how the project comes together for the daughter.

Rob

He;s not willing to deal at all. He told me to bid, il wait and see how it goes. If good il get a guy to haul it. Id have 3,500 into it as it sits though and that worries me alot with the cab like that.

He has things sit quite a spell.

I think you could find something for double the money this one costs and be much further ahead out the gate. The part of the rust you see in the photos is just opening hymn to the total needs.

Rob

reminds me of what my friend Larry Wales told me when I bought the mixer. I was looking at buying 2 single axle B-61s. One was $1200, the other was $1000. My plan was to take the two and make one. He saw the mixer, asking price was $6500, and he said by the time I was done i'd have spent more than that to have one of the B-61s in as good a shape as the mixer already was, so I bought the mixer.

He used to own an LJ tractor and a B-model dump truck in Massachusets, and new where to look for rust around the bottom of the cab that I would never have even thought about.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I don't have a lot of history on that truck no. The deceased gent that gave it to me purchased it from JL Steel out of Chicago in 1967 who was the original owner. Sometime prior to this sale, the engine was replaced with an END673T. It was not built turbocharged but is now. He ran it pulling his dozer till 1999 when it was replaced with an R model Mack. It sat in his barn for just over 10 years when he found me. I brought it home in November of 09 and that is when the photos were taken. It is now in the shop on six jack stands with all the front sheet metal removed, and all the brakes apart. All brake parts are new and I will reassemble the mess sometime this winter. The truck runs excellent and seems to be in nice shape. I'll be pulling the cab sometime in January.

Rob