Dumb Move?

RowdyRebel I agree 100% with you on that. My company got hit by FMCSA last year and is telling us that any work performed on the truck has to done by an ASE certified shop and it has to be documented for our monthly maintenance sheets. So I just leave them blank. That really pissed them off. Now they tell me I must put something down every month. I said It is a :clock_logo: and it don't break. Dumb ass F.M.C.S.A. IS GONNA DESTROY THIS INDUSTRY!!!!! All these years I have done most of the work on my truck and trailer and last year alone it passed 5 D.O.T. inspections with flying colors.....SO some one please tell me WHY I need some bozo to work on my truck if The DOT has certified it safe to operate 5 times in one year???? Texas, Kentucky, Mississippi, South Dakota and Tennessee all passed the truck and trailer in 2011. Only TX. and KY. gave me the stickers though. The rest of them just gave me a dirty look when I asked Where the heck is my sticker....jackasses!

P.S. I haven't gotten into the new year yet it seems. I had to edit this comment because I still put 2010 for last year.

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

Had a situation like that with an over load on a dump trailer. The Illinois state cop was just so nice to work it out with the truckstop that he weighed our truck at, that they would let us dump the over load of road salt in the corner of their lot. I asked if they were gonna pay us for the salt, and he said no. Boy did we get a funny look from him when I backed my pick-up truck up to the side of the trailer and started shoveling. The real funny part was when he asked what we were doing. I told him making the truck legal, and buddy that owns this place unhappy cuz he aint getting any free salt. - Brad

Had a situation like that with an over load on a dump trailer. The Illinois state cop was just so nice to work it out with the truckstop that he weighed our truck at, that they would let us dump the over load of road salt in the corner of their lot. I asked if they were gonna pay us for the salt, and he said no. Boy did we get a funny look from him when I backed my pick-up truck up to the side of the trailer and started shoveling. The real funny part was when he asked what we were doing. I told him making the truck legal, and buddy that owns this place unhappy cuz he aint getting any free salt. - Brad

Sometimes I wonder who is worse COPS or Criminals. At least with criminals they are Honest about robbing you and you can shoot the S.O.B.S....Cops on the other hand....

MACK TRUCKS

Sometimes I wonder who is worse COPS or Criminals. At least with criminals they are Honest about robbing you and you can shoot the S.O.B.S....Cops on the other hand....

You can shoot at them, too. Hell, I remember a story not too long ago about the police performing a drug raid on the wrong house....the 90-something year old lady who lived there shot 5 or 6 cops with her 6-shot revolver. The cops fired nearly 100 rounds and only hit her 2 or 3 times.

Stories like that make me scratch my head whenever I hear about the "advanced training" police have with their firearms. A lot of 'em only handle them a couple times a year to qualify...beyond that, it stays holstered.

I really don't care WHO you are...come into my house uninvited and you'll have to dodge hot lead.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I had an encounter with the Illinois coppers about 30 years ago. I had loaded in Joliet and was driving a 1977 F- model Mack east on I-80,minding my own business, running the speed limit, heading to Winchester,Va. The eastbound scales were closed,west side was open, and a little ways past them a cop pulled me over. He said "i'm takin' you back to the scales".

I said "I ain't got on but 40,000 lbs, you want to see my bills?" He said "no! I want to weigh you!" So I had to follow him to the next exit, make a flip, go back to the west bound scales, got a green light, then go to the next exit to get headed east again. I thought about going in the scale house and showing my ass, but I didn't, I just went on. Probably the best thing to do.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

You can shoot at them, too. Hell, I remember a story not too long ago about the police performing a drug raid on the wrong house....the 90-something year old lady who lived there shot 5 or 6 cops with her 6-shot revolver. The cops fired nearly 100 rounds and only hit her 2 or 3 times.

Stories like that make me scratch my head whenever I hear about the "advanced training" police have with their firearms. A lot of 'em only handle them a couple times a year to qualify...beyond that, it stays holstered.

I really don't care WHO you are...come into my house uninvited and you'll have to dodge hot lead.

I agree 100% with that too. You should have seen all the crap the COPS did to the citizens of New Orleans and area after Katrina rolled through. Makes you wonder if it is still the GOOD OLE U.S.A. sometimes.

MACK TRUCKS

AMEN BROTHER !! I now live in a small trailer here in Town but i grew up & lived in the outskirts of Millington on what was dwindled down to 2 acres of our 150 acre farm even after my granddad quit farming. (hell of a change for me going from a 2000 sqft house on 2 acres to a 1bdrm trailer in a trailerhood)

so even when i was a kid you walk in our house w/o knocking @ a certain time of night you had shotguns, rifiles & pistols on your ass . the same goes w/ my lil place here in town now. after it gets dark & i anit expecting anybody to come over,you come knock on my door ill meet your ass @ the door w/ my 12 gauge Double barrel sawed of w/ pistol grip , 30-06 or 410 Double barrell.

Ive had serveral people tell me put that d^#n Sawed off gun away. I Tell em where i come from you knock on my door or enter my house after dark w/o me knowing your coming over we meet ya @ the door w/ a gun !! then i ask em what ya want? HAD 1 TELL ME : oh i want a ride to Walmart . i tell em WALK YOUR ASS TO WALMART WE LIVE RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO THE WALTON'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!! & dont you see my personal truck anit here ive got the work truck here LOADED ? You woke me up to ask me that ? i ought to shoot your ass for that esp since i have a load of recaps that have to be in the Ms Delta the next moring @ 5am & i have to leave Millington @ 3am to get there . that person anit asked FOR NOTHING SINCE !!!! ;)

I Like my sleep & privicy @ night . ;)

Sheesh

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

My blushing bride packs a Glock 36 which is a .45 with a slim single stack magazine. She says now that she is pregnant, she has more "room" to hide the gun. She also once a month practices with me on her Winchester defender short barrel, 8 shot magazine, 12 gauge and she wields that thing slicker than a pancake flipper in hot oil.

We had a guy come to the door unannounced a couple of weeks ago late at night when I was gone. When she asked him how she could help him through the door, he kind of him-hawed around so she just stuck that shotgun right in his face and he about fainted. He had to sit down on the porch swing and collect himself. It turned out he was a neighbor of the type that thinks he knows us better than he does. When I saw him a few days later he said he was impressed and he wanted to know if she has a sister.

Don't come to my house when I am gone and expect to walk right in. My Granny said if you are not a family member, to show up announced was rude (and dangerous).