Got A New Unit Today

other dog

Well, I went and done it- much like my hero Rob did before, I went and bought a bike today. Been thinking about it for a while, but i'm 55 years old now and not getting any younger, so I decided to just do it. Unlike Rob though I decided to get a new one.

I started to get one last year but didn't and I kind of wished I had ever since.

Only rode it a little bit, it's been a long time since I rode so i'll kinda get back into it slowly and get used to the bike some before I do much long distance riding.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Well, I went and done it- much like my hero Rob did before, I went and bought a bike today. Been thinking about it for a while, but i'm 55 years old now and not getting any younger, so I decided to just do it. Unlike Rob though I decided to get a new one.

I started to get one last year but didn't and I kind of wished I had ever since.

Only rode it a little bit, it's been a long time since I rode so i'll kinda get back into it slowly and get used to the bike some before I do much long distance riding.

Been a long time since I had a really nasty bicycle wreck. you better hunt up some knee pads and elbow pads, and don't forget to roll up your pant's leg. Did you get one of them little butterfly spoke wrenches to go with it? If so send me the wheel when you get through with it, I have a truing stand in the basement.

• Like 1

No, it's not that pink thing. Mine's is blue with kind of cream colored fenders and a brown seat. And it does start with "H" but that's where the similarity with Harley Davidson ends.

Pretty neat looking, eh? Got it at the Wal-Mart store.

What?..rocket scientists and radar technicians make more than truck drivers you know!

• Like 1

Been a long time since I had a really nasty bicycle wreck. you better hunt up some knee pads and elbow pads, and don't forget to roll up your pant's leg. Did you get one of them little butterfly spoke wrenches to go with it? If so send me the wheel when you get through with it, I have a truing stand in the basement.

James, you must have ESPN. Weren't fooled for an instant,huh? You don't miss a trick!

I have seen that very same bike down to the walmart,thought about buying one myself,kinda need the exercize,lil too much beer lately! i like the "nostalgic"? looks of it too........wish i still had my old bike frome when i was a kid i beleive it was a "Stingray"? had a bananner seat,big sissy bar,and a four speed shifter like a car,was black and silver,with redline tires,dont know much about bikes,but prolly wortha a small fortune now! i'll look around,see if i can find a picture..............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I still have both of the kid's bicycles so don't need to purchase one. Get yourself a "gell" seat as you will appreciate it. Also, don't wear silk underpants.

"Momma" and me haven't really done any riding since the kids got driver's licenses many years ago now. We still kept the bicycles knowing their kids would someday need them. I still have my boy's bike in the basement from 1983.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I have seen that very same bike down to the walmart,thought about buying one myself,kinda need the exercize,lil too much beer lately! i like the "nostalgic"? looks of it too........wish i still had my old bike frome when i was a kid i beleive it was a "Stingray"? had a bananner seat,big sissy bar,and a four speed shifter like a car,was black and silver,with redline tires,dont know much about bikes,but prolly wortha a small fortune now! i'll look around,see if i can find a picture..............Mark

Schwinn "Stingray" was a very popular bike in the early 70's. Had a couple myself. They were still made in Chicago then.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I got the Wal-Mart guy to get a Schwinn down for me to look at too. It was similar to the Huffy, big tires to support my big ass, single speed transmission, but it was around $125 I think and the Huffy was $87 so I went with the Huffy. It says "Cranbrook" on it too, so I thought maybe it was made in Cranbrook,B.C.

I got the Wal-Mart guy to get a Schwinn down for me to look at too. It was similar to the Huffy, big tires to support my big ass, single speed transmission, but it was around $125 I think and the Huffy was $87 so I went with the Huffy. It says "Cranbrook" on it too, so I thought maybe it was made in Cranbrook,B.C.

Beijing, China

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Beijing, China

you're probably right, ain't looked at the paperwork yet. The checkout girl at the Wal-Mart store axed me "do you want the one year replacement policy?"

I said "how much is that?"

"6 dollars"

"so, if I get hit by a bus the bike will be replaced?"

She said "well, I don't know"

So I told her I didn't want it, if I got run over by a bus i'd just bring it back to Wal-Mart and tell 'em it broke.

I wuz expecting tassels on the handlebars and mudflaps with paper and cloths pins holding the paper in the spokes making the motor sounds. That is unless you got a Va-Room motor installed. Where is the bell and horn with basket?

mike

Like this one?.....................Mark

post-5836-0-51086600-1323625259.jpg

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.