Lately I’ve seen UPS trucks with a new paint scheme. They’re two tone UPS brown and tan, they all seem to be old Volvo VN’s. In the past i’ve only seen Mack and International’s from UPS. Anyone have an idea what’s going on?

To make things even more confusing, there's former Emery Air trucks running around with UPS logos as well as former Emery Air trucks running around with Postal Service logos. First, Emery got a contract from the Postal Service to process and haul bulk mail. Emery then complained they weren't making their guarenteed profit and took the Postal Service to court. Emery won and the Postal Service had to buy all the assets that Emery used in the contract- thus the Emery trucks with Postal Service logos. More recently, UPS bought the remaining remains of Emery and renamed it "UPS Cartage" or something like that.

UPS bought out Overnite Transportation ,I think they were from Richmond, Virginia. That is the new colors for UPS Overnite.

Thanks, Overnite had a lot of Volvo's. I hope when it comes time they replace them with Mack's.

I saw a documentry on HBO a few years ago about Overnite drivers on strike.

IIRC, UPS's latest purchase was Navistar's with the aluminum cab (268xxx series?), and before that Sterlings (267xxx series?). Before that came a big purchase of Visions. Hopefully UPS will come back to Mack, but the Pinnacle, like the Vision and CH before it, seem too generic- when Macks come with Eaton gearboxes, the customers start to wonder if their worth anymore than a Ford in disquise or a 'Binder.

Some what off topic but what does UPD do with their old Class 8 trucks? They had allot of day cab F's and MH's but what happens to them? I know their step van delivery trucks are destroyed. Interesting part is a person from UPS has to be there to ensure that the trucks are completely destroyed, also takes pictures to have proof of their demise.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

UPS may have painted them that color for "yard use". For years UPS painted "yard use only" trucks yellow, but I've seen a few painted white. You tend to see these at outlying service centers where the need a yard tractor to move trailers around, and I'm told a few MHs are still doing those duties. Here at the Minneapolis Hub all the cabovers are gone, thought they have plenty of the 241xxx series from the early 1990s. St.Paul hub had a couple Navistar cabovers left from the early 90s, and Isanti service center has one. The LN9000s and Navistar 7000s that were UPSs first conventionals are all gone.

• 6 months later...
Thanks, Overnite had a lot of Volvo's. I hope when it comes time they replace them with Mack's.

:SMOKIE-LFT: we where in june in maybrook new york state you have overthere NEMF (new england motor freight) and they replace there MACKs by volvo there where non new MACKS and dozen volvos mostly for long distants its volvo policie its a shame!!!!! :SMOKIE-RT::angry::angry:

:SMOKIE-LFT: we where in june in maybrook new york state you have overthere NEMF (new england motor freight) and they replace there MACKs by volvo there where non new MACKS and dozen volvos mostly for long distants its volvo policie its a shame!!!!! :SMOKIE-RT::angry::angry:

this is happening whit a lot of other true MACK companies :wacko::angry:

My pops (granddad) had a friend who was a used truck & truck parts dealer in Memphis he bought the Old UPS Tractors & @ the time he had to cut the cabs into & strictly sold them for parts (this was back in the 80's & 90's)

he bought a 350 4V Mack Maxidyne motor w/ 32,000 miles on it out a brand new (@ the time) 88' UPS R Model THAT HAD BEEN WRECKED & put in as a replacement in a 84 DM Dump we had @ the time that the original 237 had took a dump .

this 350 4v motor pops paid $1,000.00 for it (in delivered Crushed limestone by us for his buddys truck lot ;) 1 of those ill scratch your back if you scratch mine deals ;))

wish i could find another deal like pops did ;)

later yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: