1978 F786T Cab Tilt...

....I do not have any manuals, books etc. for this truck.

This sounds really dumb, but how do I tilt the cab on this??

I have found the apparatus at the back of the cab, that you jack, but there must be a pin to pull somewhere?

And whilst I am here.....I broke the hazard switch on the indicators, chrome plated cast ally by the look of it. Any ideas where I would get a replacement from?

Any help appreciated.

check around passenger seat,for safety latch,,,any truck supply should have replacement signal stat switch,,ill check my manual for safety release,on my 83 cruiseliner the safety hooks,were also activated by pumping,or releasing the jack oil.good luck.bob

From what I remember of my fathers two F Models, I cannot recall a safety latch to lock it "down", just a bar to lock it from coming back down when it is "up."

Also, check the pump for a 1/4 turn valve, if it wont go up, turn the valve. You will need a long bar 4-5 feet long to "get your muscles into it."

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

My F had the torsion bar system. The main release was a parking brake looking thing on the doghouse just at the entrance to the bunk then the secondary was a cable release just inside the passenger door behind the seat. With a pump system it may be completely different.

The handle is visible in this pic facing to the right.

post-45-0-40531500-1315867798_thumb.jpg

My F had the torsion bar system. The main release was a parking brake looking thing on the doghouse just at the entrance to the bunk then the secondary was a cable release just inside the passenger door behind the seat. With a pump system it may be completely different.

The handle is visible in this pic facing to the right.

Terry what year is that F model?I have had hundreds of those cabs up like your and the one with the jake also. cant remenber about the one with the jake but i think it unlocks itself on the mounts.Is your a single or tandem drive?

glenn akers