Grundy Insurance Comapany doesnt not insure Antique Trucks.

Well I tried for an insurance quote and ifo with Grundy Collector Insurance company for my antique trucks. Maybe I took the (im sure auto reply) reply from them a little wrong but I figured id let you guys know not to waste your time.

Heres my reply from them.

Sent: Wednesday, September 7, 2011 12:36 PM

Subject: RE: Insurance Quote Submission

Dear Mr. Bennett,

Thank you for submitting your information to the Grundy Insurance underwriting department. Unfortunately, we are unable to insure this vehicle because it does not have any significant collector status and will not qualify for our program. This program is designed for collector and antique vehicles used and maintained for those purposes. We wish you the best in finding the appropriate coverage for this vehicle.

Respectfully,

GRUNDY INSURANCE

--- So antique Mack trucks are not of collector status nor an Antique or collector vehicle. ---

I use these people, they are geared to antique trucks 2 1/2 tons and up. Paul

http://www.insurance-marketplace.com/truck.htm

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

P.S.

Condon and Skelly antique vehicle insurance wont insure big trucks - I understand that one.

Gulfway wont insure me for another year. I had a speeding ticket 4 years ago (only one ever) and you have to have a perfect record for 5 years.

I have mine insured through Condon and Skelly...mine is pretty big!

Edit - Doesnt J.C. Taylor require them to be in show room ground up restoration?

All they asked me for was a picture of the rig. I have insured two rigs through them and neither was in restored condition.

They allow you to set the value of the truck and than they price the policy based on your value. I set the Mack at 12K and it costs me around $100.00 per year for coverage.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I thought I tried them , I will double check. Thanks for that tip also.

Edit - Doesnt J.C. Taylor require them to be in show room ground up restoration?

Absolutely NOT. I just (as in last month) signed up with JC Taylor after having been with Condon & Skelly for 8 years. All JC Taylor wanted was a photo of my truck, which is in "original" condition.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

P.S.

Condon and Skelly antique vehicle insurance wont insure big trucks

Who says C & S wont insure big trucks?? I was with them for 8+ years with my '58 FWD Firetruck (24' long and 18000lbs) I know many firetruck guys with rigs bigger than mine who are with C & S.....

By the way I went to JC Taylor due to them having a Towing/Breakdown/Flat Tire addendum for 12 bucks a year, also C & S never offered this.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS