Talent Here:

Rob

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=2973137&

What were they thinking when realizing there were no retention holes to hold the grille in on the upper sides? Maybe they installed it upside down, no?

Takes all kinds I suppose.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

http://www.truckpape...px?OHID=2973137&

What were they thinking when realizing there were no retention holes to hold the grille in on the upper sides? Maybe they installed it upside down, no?

Rob

you would thing,,the shape of the grill housing woulda helped him,,,its like watching someone blow thier nose,now..i cant look.lolbob

The curvature at the top of the hood opening matches the top of the grille shell too. I've never tried to install a grille upside down so didn't know so many holes would actually align. Maybe he used "self drilling" screws to retain it but there was open holes where there are no screws?

You know me, always trying to give someone the benefit of the doubt cause I absolutely hate calling somebody a effin moron.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

How do ya like the turn signals on the one next to it.

Doesn't do anything for me but I've seen both strobes, and turn signals located there.

Rob

The curvature at the top of the hood opening matches the top of the grille shell too. I've never tried to install a grille upside down so didn't know so many holes would actually align. Maybe he used "self drilling" screws to retain it but there was open holes where there are no screws?

You know me, always trying to give someone the benefit of the doubt cause I absolutely hate calling somebody a effin moron.

Rob

And I thank you for that.

other dog...a.k.a. effin moron.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That's an F model grill. When it was first installed there would not have been any holes in the hood. I don't think any R models came with that grill from the factory.

One of my R model hoods had the grille shell like that and I believe it was factory. It was beat to hell so I removed it, cut the nutserts out, glassed the holes shut, and installed new perimeter trim as the truck has a grille guard so needed the clearance anyway.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.truckpape...px?OHID=2973137&

Rob

Just seen this,still catching up from being on the road! bodywork coutesy of Ray Charles/ Stevie Wonder?

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.