Damn Earthquake!

fxfymn

We live about 20 miles from the epicenter of the GECE (Great East Coast Earthquake). I was driving home in the 3500HD, so I didn't feel a thing, but when I came down the street the DW and all the neighbors were standing in the street and carrying on like someone had just been shot. You know living up to the adage of "When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles scream and shout."

Just like most of the neighbors we had some minimal damage in the house; pictures off the walls, items shaken off of shelves; and a broken wine glass that fell off the hanger. No big deal especially since the glass was for white wine, not my usual red Thunderbird.

I gave a quick check of the garage mahal and did not notice anything out of place. The next day when I went out to work on the 52 I discovered that a heavy nozzle I had stored on a top shelf had fallen and put a rather substantial dent in the front fender of the truck along with a couple of large paint chips. Of all the stuff that could have been damaged it had to be the Mack; damn it! At least it didn't hit the gold leaf or any of the chrome.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I have family of rte 15 in Fork Union Va, their water tank emptied from the shakes thats all. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

"their water tank emptied from the shakes"

Does this mean they pissed their pants?

Years ago I could "shake the sack" and empty my tank; ahh, the days, the memories........

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I have family of rte 15 in Fork Union Va, their water tank emptied from the shakes thats all. Paul

I have never checked the place out, but I have been told there is a gentleman located in Fork Union on 15 that has quite the junk yard collection of old trucks including some rare ones such as Browns. If you go to visit the kin folk you may want to look for it.

I also had a friend who's well water turned muddy after the quake. Not fun.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I have never checked the place out, but I have been told there is a gentleman located in Fork Union on 15 that has quite the junk yard collection of old trucks including some rare ones such as Browns. If you go to visit the kin folk you may want to look for it.

I also had a friend who's well water turned muddy after the quake. Not fun.

I've heard rumors of such a place too, but I'm not sure where it is. I travel 15 quite a bit and there's nothing you can see from 15. You can turn off of 15 south of Fork Union to get to P.L.Duncans place, and he has about 100 or so old trucks, but i've heard there's another place too up in that area with a lot of B-models.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/572065624hKgZmm

These are trucks I took pictures of at P.L.Duncan's a few years ago.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Based on your pics, I'd say this is the place I was thinking of.

Every time I see a place like this I get a little ill thinking of all of that great iron just rusting away. Makes you wish you could rescue them all.

Great pics by the way.

"their water tank emptied from the shakes"

Does this mean they pissed their pants?

Probbly...their older the me.....

They are up by the junction of 6 and 15 near the Fork Union Animal Hospital. We found a few south of the town, near (Scotts autobody)about 3/4 mile into the woods. A yard full of older 50's cars and a B models and other trucks. I always heard of a big stash of old trucks near Palmyra but never could find them.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I've heard rumors of such a place too, but I'm not sure where it is. I travel 15 quite a bit and there's nothing you can see from 15. You can turn off of 15 south of Fork Union to get to P.L.Duncans place, and he has about 100 or so old trucks, but i've heard there's another place too up in that area with a lot of B-models.

http://rides.webshot...572065624hKgZmm

These are trucks I took pictures of at P.L.Duncan's a few years ago.

Thats got to be the place I heard about. P.L. Duncan! I heard about a "guy near Fork Union" who has a I.H. ConCo. Saw it in your photos. I'll have to look Mr. Duncan up when I'm down there in a few weeks.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thats got to be the place I heard about. P.L. Duncan! I heard about a "guy near Fork Union" who has a I.H. ConCo. Saw it in your photos. I'll have to look Mr. Duncan up when I'm down there in a few weeks.

It's well worth the trip, and he's as nice a man as you'll ever meet, doesn't mind people looking. He'll even give you the tour if he's not busy. I heard about all the trucks from one of his drivers so I called him one day and he said come on by and look all you want.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

It's well worth the trip, and he's as nice a man as you'll ever meet, doesn't mind people looking. He'll even give you the tour if he's not busy. I heard about all the trucks from one of his drivers so I called him one day and he said come on by and look all you want.

I see he's past Bremo Bluff, The place I was thinking of with the trucks is just on the south sode of Fork Union on 15. Maybe thats the place your looking for? Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE