Truck Pictures

other dog

Got a really good drive-by picture of this B-model dump truck at Art Reed's place in Montvale. I've seen a B-model like this on 64 in the Charlottesville area several times and this could be the same one. It had Scottsville, Va. on the body, which is about 20 miles south of Charlottesville on rt. 20.

Saw this Freightliner sitting at the truck wash in Monroeville, Ohio yesterday.

Ehhhh, why not- saw this girl on the corner in Norwalk, Ohio yesterday too.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Got a really good drive-by picture of this B-model dump truck at Art Reed's place in Montvale. I've seen a B-model like this on 64 in the Charlottesville area several times and this could be the same one. It had Scottsville, Va. on the body, which is about 20 miles south of Charlottesville on rt. 20.

Saw this Freightliner sitting at the truck wash in Monroeville, Ohio yesterday.

Ehhhh, why not- saw this girl on the corner in Norwalk, Ohio yesterday too.

The B model looks really nice with the girl a second. What Freightliner do you see?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Funny how neither John Deere tractors, nor Freightliner trucks just don't seem to show up on my computer...........

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

welcome back tom,and thanks for the pics,,,that guy shoulda had all that alluminum polished out,for a better for sale appeal,,,spent 4 years in one of those for motor cargo,,i liked it,,of coarse we all prefer the macks.lol.and yes,,,like the chick,,lolbob.. :notworthy:

Funny how neither John Deere tractors, nor Freightliner trucks just don't seem to show up on my computer...........

Rob

thats funny,man,,,i can handle just about anything but a stinking volvo,,should be a 4 letter word.lol.bob

No John Deeres Rob? Being in Illinois you more partial to the IH? Trey

All of them are alright but I'm a little partial to J.I. Case, Oliver, and Ford. You go to nearly any show and J.D. and IH are the dominant brands out there. Not that there is anything wrong with any of them, I just like to be a little different.

Rob

All of them are alright but I'm a little partial to J.I. Case, Oliver, and Ford. You go to nearly any show and J.D. and IH are the dominant brands out there. Not that there is anything wrong with any of them, I just like to be a little different.

Rob

oh...what I meant to say was

oh...what I meant to say was

That 1500 series was a really good tractor there. So was the 1600, and 1800 series. The diesels were either Detroit, or Perkins with the Perkins engines being real workhorses. Oliver was a pioneer in a lot of implements until they, (like Autocar, Diamond T, Reo, etc.) were bought up by the White Motors Corp.

Like the trucks, things just didn't stay the same being repeatedly "raped" for profits with little put back into research and design.

Rob

I saw a picture of an old Oliver tractor once and it looked like it had a Detroit Diesel engine- I asked my daddy if they used Detroit Diesels and he told me that indeed they did.

We went to an Oliver dealer to look at tractors before he bought the Ford 5000, but the hitches they used was ...weird I guess, hard to remember now, but it wasn't the typical 3 point hitch, that's why he didn't buy one.

I saw a picture of an old Oliver tractor once and it looked like it had a Detroit Diesel engine- I asked my daddy if they used Detroit Diesels and he told me that indeed they did.

We went to an Oliver dealer to look at tractors before he bought the Ford 5000, but the hitches they used was ...weird I guess, hard to remember now, but it wasn't the typical 3 point hitch, that's why he didn't buy one.

IH called their three point hitch a "fast hitch", Case called theirs the "Eagle Claw" hitch. Oliver had a name for theirs too for a short time but I don't recall what it was. All were a copy of the "Ferguson Three Point Hitch" developed by Harry Ferguson for use on his, and Henry Ford's tractors. This style later became standardized within tractor manufacturing when the patents ran out.

Oliver also used Continental, and Hercules engines but these were in smaller tractors. The eight and 12 speed transmissions is what everybody wanted to copy.

Rob

Hey Rob, heres me and mine, my family bought it new from Otis Ford. Still cut the grass and plow snow with it. Paul

46nme.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That 1500 series was a really good tractor there. So was the 1600, and 1800 series. The diesels were either Detroit, or Perkins with the Perkins engines being real workhorses. Oliver was a pioneer in a lot of implements until they, (like Autocar, Diamond T, Reo, etc.) were bought up by the White Motors Corp.

Like the trucks, things just didn't stay the same being repeatedly "raped" for profits with little put back into research and design.

Rob

heh,,,an old timer told me that about white,,long time ago,wasnt aware they about ruined the names of those trucks,when they bought them out,,used to drive whites,mustang,,9000,road boss,and road boss 2,,,ahhhh the good ole union days,,,almost forgot how good we used to have it,lolbob :notworthy:

Hey Rob, heres me and mine, my family bought it new from Otis Ford. Still cut the grass and plow snow with it. Paul

46nme.jpg

Not a bad lookin tractor there Paul. Glad you got a lot of history with it too. I'd have kept a Massey Harris 44 I had with a Continental "Red Seal" diesel and wide front if a guy didn't offer almost four times what it was worth!! Do you have the "road gear" in yours? That made them quite useful from field to field many years ago.

Rob

It's got road gears, about 25, if you dare on 60 year old rubber. it originally did 100% farm work, I picked up a hammer cutter and rebuilt it and made up the snow plow frame for a CJ2A plow and converted it to 12 volt. I still have all the attachments my pop bought for it too,including a sickle bar and a saw blade set up

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE