Lincolnton Truck Show

other dog

Had a great time at the show today. This is the 3rd. year i've been to Lincolnton and despite the heat it was the most trucks and most people yet. I would have stayed a little longer but the heat was really getting to Jo, plus she has sciatica and her leg hurts when she has to walk a lot. When we came back through Winston-Salem the thermometer said 98 degrees. By the time we got to Altavista it was 101.

Met one of our BMT members there, real nice fellow- goes by the name "David". I also met Johnny Click, a Fed-Ex driver who has pictures on Hank's Truck Pictures. http://www.hankstruc...ohnny_click.htm

Here's just a few of over 200 pictures I took. As usual, i'll put most of the rest on webshots or photobucket, then i'll post a link to it but i'll save that project for tommorrow. I gotta make a couple of picture discs too, then i'll crop and resize them before I put them on webshots.

Here's a nice one for Rob-

Because I know you won't like these-

Jo was standing in front of these trucks and she looked so hot and tired the owner gave her a bottle of water, so she told him i'd post his trucks on here.

See, she's hugging that little bit of shade whenever she can-

Saw a good looking U-model.

Lots of B-models-I really liked this green one.

F-model-

There was even a "Japanese Freightliner" there-

And those Macks on rt. 158 that I first saw well over a year ago are still sitting there- stopped and got a couple of pictures on the way home.

And I only bought 1 item for myself- had to have this B-model T-shirt!

And last but not least- the hot babe of the day-front...and rear!

...and the hot babe of the day first runner-up

front-

...and rear-

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Hey Tom, Nice to finally met you. The green U model is Jay's. The two macks on the trailer used to be parked on Rt 64 at a storage place between Raleigh and Pittsboro. They were there for 4 to 5 years then disapeared about 2 years ago.

Hey Tom, Nice to finally met you. The green U model is Jay's. The two macks on the trailer used to be parked on Rt 64 at a storage place between Raleigh and Pittsboro. They were there for 4 to 5 years then disapeared about 2 years ago.

Thanks David, likewise! I enlarged the picture on the camera on the way home and saw the owner's name was Jay. I'd say those Macks have been sitting right there on 158 for close to 2 years. I first saw them when I was passing through in the truck, and they were still there when I went to Lincolnton last year, and they're still there now. They're sittin between Stokesdale and Walkertown, just past the Sheetz if you're going towards Winston Salem.

Some nice pictures Tom! wish a coulda made it,but i did'nt get in time enough to load friday,so i had to make my pickups yesterday,i have to make sure they are loaded in the correct order,sometimes it takes awhile! especially when the people doing the loading are getting paid time and a half for being there on saturday! but i have made myself a promise,i'm gonna try and make some more shows this coming year,...................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I have called about those two Macks sitting on the trailer,never can seem to get anyone to answer the phone! they have been sitting there at least 2 years that i know of,i go by there 1-2 times a month on my way from home to I-40 westbound. At one time there was another B-model sitting further back in the yard,but with the bushes,trees etc. i cant tell if its even still there or not,i tried to stop and have a look,but there is really no place to pull over with a truck there..............Mark

Give me the address and since im empty il just hook to them. Just like when a dog catcher see's a wondering bulldog on the street and picks them up ha ha.

Yeah the green U is mine. Nice seeing you David. We rolled in Friday and spent the night at a nice hotel and hit the show hard Sat. I was Very happy to see the prices of food and drinks were so cheap , free iced water all over , vendors were great , we had a Very good time at the show. I picked up some mud flaps and my daughter got a stuffed Bulldog from the Transource Mack booth. I will have to put some pictures up soon also , Jay

Give me the address and since im empty il just hook to them. Just like when a dog catcher see's a wondering bulldog on the street and picks them up ha ha.

Yeah the green U is mine. Nice seeing you David. We rolled in Friday and spent the night at a nice hotel and hit the show hard Sat. I was Very happy to see the prices of food and drinks were so cheap , free iced water all over , vendors were great , we had a Very good time at the show. I picked up some mud flaps and my daughter got a stuffed Bulldog from the Transource Mack booth. I will have to put some pictures up soon also , Jay

that u models,not hard to look at,,,is that the one with the tachograf???.bob

Got a lot of the truck show pictures here-

http://rides.webshots.com/album/580642862YTyWeG

I haven't finished yet, more to come later. I could have put them straight from Kodak to Flickr but you have to give them permission to add, remove, and edit your photos to do it, so screw all that, I just put them on webshots.

that are some very fine trucks.

thanks for posting.

leon.

Thank you, got all the pictures on webshots now. I think now I should have went with flickr, they've got bigger thumbnail pictures. I could have done them on flickr individually without signing all the rights away but all my other truck show pictures are on webshots already.

Nooo , not the one with the tachograph . That one was a later model year and was made into a dump truck. Thanks for the kind words , my wife and me have been working hard on it for the show. Still not sure of the yellow is going to stay. I got alot of people taking pictures of the bulldog on it.

There was some fine looking girls there. We need a section just for them.

There was some fine looking girls there. We need a section just for them.

Yes there was, but I had to be real sneaky just to get the few pictures I did. Jo loaded the cast iron skillet in the truck before we left, but I managed to convince her that it was too heavy for her to carry around.

I think you lucked out with that sciatic nerve problem she has.

I've seen the RS 700 tractor at a prior show. It is very nice.

No problem with the Pete photos; I don't have to live with one of those things........

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

We showed up Friday , I agree I wanted to get pictures with a few trucks with just my family or me without people in them. Like the KW Snowman truck.

American trucker guy "was" there on Sat. but I somehow missed him.. saw the guy from Trick My Truck walking around.

I saw the American Trucker guy, he came in in the wrecker towing the Evel Knievel truck. Then he was up on the hill at the wrecker demonstration, where the tipped over container was. I never saw him after, or met him, there was always a huge crowd where ever he was. I didn't know anybody from Trick My Truck was even there, would've liked to meet them too.

I saw the American Trucker guy, he came in in the wrecker towing the Evel Knievel truck. Then he was up on the hill at the wrecker demonstration, where the tipped over container was. I never saw him after, or met him, there was always a huge crowd where ever he was. I didn't know anybody from Trick My Truck was even there, would've liked to meet them too.

Maybe its just me,but that American trucker guy REALLY gets on my nerves! too hyper for me,stopped watching for that reason,i'm sure i'm in the minority,but i never liked that trick my truck either,too much goobered-up bullshit for me,same as most truck shows now,all KW and petes,lets see who can put the most shit on one truck,and dont forget the 6000 watt stereo,and suicide doors,and a bumper you cant get a sheet of paper under! BTW,someone was on here a few months back,looking for parts/advice on that Evel Knievel F-model,but never heard anymore about it..............."Old school" Mark

Maybe its just me,but that American trucker guy REALLY gets on my nerves! too hyper for me,stopped watching for that reason,i'm sure i'm in the minority,but i never liked that trick my truck either,too much goobered-up bullshit for me,same as most truck shows now,all KW and petes,lets see who can put the most shit on one truck,and dont forget the 6000 watt stereo,and suicide doors,and a bumper you cant get a sheet of paper under! BTW,someone was on here a few months back,looking for parts/advice on that Evel Knievel F-model,but never heard anymore about it..............."Old school" Mark

Yeah, I have to agree, I lost interest in Trick my Truck when they started doing ice cream trucks, service trucks,etc. Haven't seen it lately. Haven't seen but a few American Trucker shows. Most are b.s. but I did like the one...can't remember what it was, but I liked it.

That Evel Knievil truck needs...a cab it looked like. They could hire our most famous member, the one and only...... "Rob"!- and pay him millions to fix it, but it was a real rust bucket. Looked like they dug it up off the bottom of the ocean.

I was lost after season one of Wreck My Truck... one Mack ever (maybe the 2nd season) I think and they screwed it up.

American Trucker is still ok by me after everyone telling me thats how he is in real life. Brad's office lady told me that guy really loves trucks and doesnt put on a show for the cameras , thats how he really is. Funny , hes like a kid that never grew up , I get the same way around classic trucks.

I never got to see the Evel truck , I told my wife to remind me to get some pictures after the awards but I climbed aboard the old Mack for the 5 hr trip home and forgot. Thanks for the pictures of it OD.

rite there with ya,,man..prefer everthing painted,,of coarse i do really appreciate a ground up,,body off restoration,,pisses me off to see mr chrome show up,and get all the praze,,while these other fellars that work real hard with detailing,thier trucks,sanding,and painting,and new bolts,insulation,exc..basicly going thru everything,,have to get in line behind mr. chrome..happens all the time.bob :pat: