Gonna Try It Again

HeavyGunner

Just about have all of my trusses built for my little shed. Will have them finished after lunch. Then I can try to put the shed again, last year all the shed walls were up sheeted and braced when a huge windstorm hit and leveled it. Hope it goes better this year.

HG

post-8681-0-24412000-1311443098_thumb.jp

post-8681-0-25009500-1311443114_thumb.jp

post-8681-0-17149300-1311443134_thumb.jp

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Just about have all of my trusses built for my little shed. Will have them finished after lunch. Then I can try to put the shed again, last year all the shed walls were up sheeted and braced when a huge windstorm hit and leveled it. Hope it goes better this year.

HG

Looks like you parked a Peterbilt inside there.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Looks like you parked a Peterbilt inside there.

Rob

Yeah it doesnt look good thats for sure. I am scared to bring my Mack home and park it anywhere near that shed after seeing what my carpentry "skills" have made. :unsure:

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

Don't feel too bad...there is a building up in Sesser that was being constructed by "professionals"....had it beautifully framed...trusses for the roof in place....

Storm done blowed it down, too.

When I get ready to build any outbuildings 'round here, I'm building 'em as pole barns. Sink them poles in the ground and build around 'em. Just seems sturdier than the house of cards some of these buildings seem to be.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

It would never pass but the use of "hurricane clips" in the trusses and plates, with screws instead of nails in the home's structural members would help tremendously for moderate storms to control, or lessen damage.

A discount or break in the cost for homeowners insurance premiums would contribute to their usage.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

HG

I hate when that happens.

Hurricane straps work quite well. Just be sure you tie down the walls.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Reminds me several years ago when my boss and his sons built my garage and ready for codes to inspect. No hurricane straps on my garage and the codes guy called me and put the red tag on my door. I had to tell my boss that codes was not going to ok the job until some straps were put on. Boss was not a happy camper. At least after several weeks went by the straps were finally installed. And yes I will be more selective next time any job is needed done at home.

I was going to ask Heavygunner if the big bad wolf huffed and puffed and blew his garage down.

mike

Reminds me several years ago when my boss and his sons built my garage and ready for codes to inspect. No hurricane straps on my garage and the codes guy called me and put the red tag on my door. I had to tell my boss that codes was not going to ok the job until some straps were put on. Boss was not a happy camper. At least after several weeks went by the straps were finally installed. And yes I will be more selective next time any job is needed done at home.

I was going to ask Heavygunner if the big bad wolf huffed and puffed and blew his garage down.

mike

Yeah he sure huffed and puffed a lot that day :pat: , then shortly after that a nasty snow storm from Canada blew in and put about a foot of snow on everything to top everything off. According to the adjuster weather stations surrounding our area recorded 75+mph gusts that day. I guess I needed the practice.

HG