Kinda Liked These:

Rob

Morning Rob,

First off,,,,,,,,step away from the keyboard,,,,open the windows ,,,,and call the gas company

you must have a leak. :lol:

I also liked some Autocar Westenstars but resale is and was horrible

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

I've never been around any of them. Always remember that Western Star was a "hand built" Canadian truck of good quality. I remember this series when new and the styling always kinda stuck with me. It is the same thing when I first seen the first Superliners in the 70's.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've never been around any of them. Always remember that Western Star was a "hand built" Canadian truck of good quality. I remember this series when new and the styling always kinda stuck with me. It is the same thing when I first seen the first Superliners in the 70's.

Rob

These are the best looking Western Stars. I don't like the newer ones where the cabs look like they've been over inflated. Todd had a couple of Low-Maxxes, I think they were called, and they were butt-ugly.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I've never really been much into trucks with rectangular headlamps, or anything not Mack really, but always kinda liked this series.

Rob

http://bend.craigslist.org/bfs/2484879129.html

I know this has been discussed before, but are you using a craigslist aggregator? I am currently using jaxed.com to look at regional macks for sale. It includes both cl and eBay, which is useful . . . . . . . But I was wondering if anyone had anything better. Is there a site that does this for auctions that a non-insider can access?

I know this has been discussed before, but are you using a craigslist aggregator? I am currently using jaxed.com to look at regional macks for sale. It includes both cl and eBay, which is useful . . . . . . . But I was wondering if anyone had anything better. Is there a site that does this for auctions that a non-insider can access?

No, I just use a little script file to find what I want on either ebay, or craigslist. Don't remember where I got the idea but it's modified from it's original format to my use.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

We had a Western Star that we replaced one of the frame rails on. Took forever to get the frame rail cuz it had to come from Canada and then the freight company somehow managed to lose it and a second rail had to be ordered. As far as I know they never did find the first one.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

These are the best looking Western Stars. I don't like the newer ones where the cabs look like they've been over inflated. Todd had a couple of Low-Maxxes, I think they were called, and they were butt-ugly.

They look like a dog with it's ears clipped.

I've never really been much into trucks with rectangular headlamps, or anything not Mack really, but always kinda liked this series.

Rob

http://bend.craigslist.org/bfs/2484879129.html

Rob, have to agree with you, I always kinda liked the stance of those models, I hauled a few loads of logs on one like that, maybe a lil older, they were very well made trucks and best I member, rode rather decent,,,randyp